Director of Investment Facilitation
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, February 13 2024
Date Posted: Friday, February 02 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chemonics seeks a Director of Investment Facilitation for the Feed the Future Uganda Strategic Investments (SIA) Activity. The purpose of the SIA Activity is to facilitate foreign and domestic commercial investments that yield and advance development objectives. The 5-year activity, funded by the United States Agency. for International Development (USAID), will mobilize financing for investment in agriculture and food security, the productive use of energy for agriculture and related industries, and health. By supporting development-oriented investments, the Activity will integrate underrepresented populations into the market economy and facilitate the transition from subsistence to commercial production.
The Activity represents a key component of USAID's Market Systems Strengthening portfolio to improve quality business services and enhance market. systems to ensure markets consistently and inclusively function to accelerate economic development in Uganda. Through transaction learning under its Investment Facilitation Platform, SIA will increase commercial financing and productive use of energy in agriculture and related sectors. Applying transaction. learning at the policy level, SIA will promote improvements in laws, regulations, and formal and informal rules to enhance market system function.
The Director of Investment Facilitation is expected lead the Investment Facilitation Platform, overseeing technical assistance in private sector engagement, investment advisory, financial services, business development, and productive use of energy to reinforce collaboration, information sharing, and synchronized partner engagement. The Director will ensure coherence in the investment team's sourcing, structuring, and closing of high-potential investment transactions and provision of investor and firm aftercare. This position will be based in Kampala, Uganda. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Lead and manage investment facilitation, business advisory, and PUE teams, capitalizing on synergies between Objectives 1 and 3 to source, structure, and close high-impact investments through tailored transaction and investment readiness services.
• Generate pipeline, screen deals against Fit Check criteria, select the portfolio. in collaboration with the investment facilitation team, apply PSE principles, and
• oversee progression of selected deals from origination through to aftercare.
• Generate meaningful pipeline of businesses that seek to expand or test their
• ideas around the adoption of productive use of energy, investees with novel.
• ideas that expand on efficiency in Agro processing and addition of value.
• Expand and manage the relationships with SIA'S Capital providers that include
• impact investors, development partners and private equity firms.
• Recommend technical assistance for capital-seeking businesses and link with service providers that can strengthen the company's management and operational capacities to facilitate growth and investment.
• Work with the Investment manager and the investment analysts in supporting businesses that come seeking advisory support.
• Provide strategic oversight to activities fostering value-chain and health facility- based partnerships to unlock investment and uptake in the Productive Use of Energy (PUE)
• Work with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Enabling Environment Advisor to identify trends in regulatory constraints in the transaction cycle and lessons learned to improve policy reform.
• Work with the CEO and GESI/MEL Advisor to seek out and actively engage local firms dedicated to inclusivity, deliberately ensuring interventions benefit underrepresented groups and apply gender and social inclusion lens to impact investments.
• Oversee the investment facilitation advisor/team lead and business development and PUE advisor/team lead
• Work with the communications team to create Activity success stories Report to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in facilitating commercial finance, private sector investment, or related area Demonstrated experience working in the energy sector or with development partners either as an energy analyst or energy auditor is a plus Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders, including investors, financiers, and the private sector
• Proven ability to collaborate with government officials, international donors, and other local partners. Experience with multi-sectoral programs that address economic growth, financial services, impact investing, SME lending, financial market systems, or a combination of the above
• Experience working in East Africa, particularly in Uganda
• Experience with USAID programming highly preferred
• An advanced degree in finance, banking, economics, business administration, or another closely related field
• Fluency in written and spoken English required
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required. This applies to Uganda Nationals only.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply visit please submit your CV and cover letter via the Smartsheet link
below not later than Friday, February 13, 2024.
support the digital engagement of investors, investees, and the transaction advisors.
Ensure integration across investment facilitation, PUE, and investment readiness activities, mobilizing private capital and coordination of transaction support to meet the needs of firms at different stages of growth in a sell-side deal and to address key concerns and value creation challenges in a buy-side deal.
No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee
Negotiate Advisory Agreement/Engagement letters, track deals, and provide organization, or other non-merit factor. business development supervisory support and guidance.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.