Economist – Pricing
Jobs at:Electricity Regulatory Authority
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, April 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Analyze the performance of the licensees vis a vis the assumptions embedded in thetariffs and to analyze financial viability of the licensees and validate financial claims through effective reconciliations.
• Monitor the Financial Performance of Licensees vis‐à‐vis the assumptions embedded in the Tariffs Approved by the Authority.
• Monitor Financial Transactions between the Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) and the Generation as well as
o Distribution Companies to ensure that they are in accordance with the Tariff Methodologies in the respective Licenses and as harmonized in the respective Power Sales Agreements (PSAs) and Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs).
• Evaluate the Economic (Commercial and Financial) Feasibility Studies submitted by Intending Developers as well as Licensed Companies and advise on the appropriate Return on Investment (ROI) and the Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC).
• Review the Tariffs of the Licensees as per the provisions of each License.
• Liaise with the Finance Department and participate in the Investment Verification Exercise for Licensees.
• Review the Budgets of Licensees in liaison with the Finance Department.
• Carryout Periodic Reconciliations of Licensees’ Performance to establish the Financial Position of the Licensees.
• Contribute to the production of the periodic Industry Performance Reports.
• Develop and maintain Financial Models for various Licensees and establish the necessary database to update these Financial Models.
• Prepare Quarterly and Annual Reports on the Financial and Commercial Performance of the Licensees.
• Analyze and advise on the Electricity Supply Industry Investment Requirements and quantify the impact on the Tariff Path.
• Perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Economics, Economics, Quantitative Economics, or
• Minimum of level II for professional Qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CFA.
• Must have at least two (02) years of relevant working experience in a credible organization.
• Should be 35years of age and below.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Visit (www.pila‐consultants.com) to download andread full job descriptions. If you believe you have the relevant qualificationsand experience, please send your detailedApplication and CV demonstrating possession ofthe relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email email@example.com ; not later than 5.00pm. 7th April, 2023 quoting the position ofinterest in the subject line.
N.B: Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PILA Consultants Ltd
Partners in Learning and Action Consultants
Plot 648, Nanfumbambi RoadKikoni, Makerere West
P. O. Box 9092 Kampala‐Uganda,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.