Jobs at:Young African Refugees For Integral Development (YARID)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, February 14 2024
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 06 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Young African Refugees for Integral Development (YARID) is a registered NGO based in Kampala, founded in 2007 by young Congolese refugees living in Uganda.
The mission of YARID is to empower refugees, orphans and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) around Africa to overcome the burdens of deprivation and vulnerability to become healthy, educated, self-sustaining and contributing members of society.
YARID unites urban refugees through avenues like sports, English classes, and vocational skills training in order to address social issues like ethnic conflicts, unemployment, public health, and lack of access to education. Refugees that YARID serves mainly come from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda Burundi, South Sudan, Eritrea, Somalia and Ethiopia.
Employee Category: Full-time (35-40 hours/week)
Location: Nakivale and Kyaka 2
Reporting Line: Procurement and logistics manager
Deadline: 14th February 2024 at 5:00 PM
As a field driver, you will drive the organization cars safely to required locations, transporting personenel, logistics and reporting any needed repairs.
YARID under its Education program is implementing an Education Cannot Wait (ECW) project in Kyakka 2 and a Refugee and Host Community Youth Empowerment and Transformation Initiative (RETI) in Isigiro and Mbarara for the next 4 years respectively.
YARID is looking for a professional driver to drive personnel in an efficient, safe and timely manner. In addition to maintaining regular cleaning services for their vehicle as well as managing payments on time each/monthly cycle goes by, the driver should be able to plan routes based on road conditions.
• Drive relevant vehicle types operated by the service that you are trained on in accordance with the emergency vehicle driver training standards and the Highway Code and relevant legislation.
• Carry out vehicle and equipment inspections in line with the YARID’s policies.
• In line with the YARID’s policy maintain appropriate standards of cleanliness of vehicles, equipment and station, completing documentation as required specified by the local management team.
• Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip.
• Pick up the personnel from the place and at the time they’ve requested.
• Collect payments and issue receipts.
• Assist clients with loading and unloading their luggage.
• Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions.
• Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed.
• Answer clients’ questions about the area and local places of interest.
• Ensure the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders.
• Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues.
• Book car wash and detailing services to maintain the interior and exterior cleanliness of the car.
• A level certificate.
• Proven 2 years experience as a Driver with an NGO.
• A valid Ugandan driver’s license.
• A clean driving record in Uganda with no traffic violations.
• Procurement and logistics system knowledge.
• English language skills and knowledge of French, and Swahili is an added advantage.
• Minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50).
• Familiarity with GPS devices.
• Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods.
• Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage.
• Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts.
• A polite and professional disposition.
• Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour).
Equality and Diversity
YARID Ambulance Service is committed to the fair treatment of all people, regardless of their gender, race, colour, ethnicity, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, disability, mental health needs, age, domestic circumstances, social class, sexuality, beliefs, political allegiance or trades union membership.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
In accordance with YARID Safeguarding policies. YARID Ambulance Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Adults. All staff working with these groups are expected to share a commitment to this. You will be expected to promptly report any concerns relating to the safeguarding, sexual harassment of children, young people and / or adults in accordance with agreed policy and procedures. If your own conduct in relation to the safeguarding of children, young people or adults gives cause for concern the YARID agreed Public Protection Procedures will be followed, alongside implementation of the Disciplinary Procedure where appropriate.
A background check will be conducted to assess compliance with safeguarding policies.
All our services are free, DO NOT pay anybody and be coursed into abuse of safeguarding policies for a job placement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application before the 14th of February 2024. Please note that there will be a rolling review of applications, so we encourage early application. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Send your CV, application letter, LC1 letter, ID, and academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “FIELD DRIVER” in the email subject line.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.