Jobs at:Innovation: Africa
Deadline of this Job:
26 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Innovation: Africa (iA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose team of dedicated problem solvers work together to bring solar and water technologies to rural communities in Africa. We use solar energy to pump clean water and provide schools, orphanages, and medical clinics with light and refrigeration to store vaccines and medicines. iA has completed over 650 solar, water, and agricultural projects, providing light, clean water, food and proper medical care to more than 3million people in Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, eSwatini, Uganda, Cameroon, Senegal and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
We are seeking a highly trained and qualified professional to join our Uganda team as a Field Engineer, based in the Karamoja region, with a water and civil background. The Field Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing iA’s solar water pumping systems, as well as completing maintenance and providing technical support to all existing water projects.
Further, the Field Engineer will be required to supervise and monitor the work of our contractors very closely to ensure all designs and standards are adhered to. The Field Engineer will also be responsible for identifying and selecting our project beneficiaries, actively facilitating community mobilization and sensitization, establishing and maintaining regular communication with the communities we serve, implementing project-related activities and providing regular reports and ongoing monitoring of the projects. This position requires frequent travel to the field to identify new projects, as well as manage all stages of iA’s solar water pumping systems.
Country Director in Israel
Program Manager & Deputy Program Manager in Uganda
• Supervise the on-site work of all iA contractors, including hydrogeological surveys, drilling and pump tests, water quality analysis, and all construction and installation works related to ongoing water projects.
• Ensure contractors’ strict adherence to all project timelines and provide Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager with daily updates and reports from the field.
• Oversee field operations related to solar powered water projects, including identifying prospective projects, water project construction/installation, and monitoring and evaluation.
• Work closely with iA’s international and local team of engineers and contractors to plan, design, and implement solar water pumping systems, including the system’s water distribution layout.
• Assessment of a community’s water needs and calculation of available water supply to properly size the system’s submersible water pump.
• Assess the need for maintenance work on existing water projects, identify faults and malfunctions, and provide sustainable solutions.
• Procure and source invoices of all approved system components to ensure organizational transparency and identification of reliable vendors with high quality, cost effective, items.
• Create competitive construction and maintenance budgets on Microsoft Excel using procured invoices.
• Conduct effective community technical trainings and sensitization to all iA water beneficiaries, including establishing project steering committees.
• Maintain regular contact with iA’s engineers in Israel to successfully implement and monitor new solar water technologies and remote monitoring systems.
• Establish and manage relationships and communication with local, national, and international stakeholders.
• The ideal candidate is a passionate and effective team player, with a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience, related to both civil and water works
• Possess at least 3 years of experience managing the successful construction and installation of solar water pumping systems.
• Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and a proven commitment to serve vulnerable communities.
• Professional experience working in the field of community development and exhibit detail orientation and problem-solving skills.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable working with colleagues in different time zones and continents, using Slack and Zoom at flexible hours.
• Proven ability to inspire teams and lead by example.
Commensurate with experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Water Resources Management, Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, or a closely related field.
• Extensive experience working with solar water pumping systems.
• Experience designing water supply systems using design applications such as, AutoCAD,ArchiCAD, GIS and GPS applications, WaterCAD, Epanet, Protastructure, etc.
• Technologically oriented with excellent computer skills, including proficiency in email and Microsoft Office software.
• Relocation to the Karamoja District.
• Driver’s license.
• Ability to commit to flexible working hours, including weekends.
• Native level written and spoken Ngakarimojong (do not apply if you do not have this skill)
• Fluent written and spoken English.
As an international organization, our team works in New York, Israel, and Africa, and is constantly on the move. To maintain close contact despite our travel schedules, we regularly use technology solutions, such as Slack and Zoom. The ideal candidate thrives in this type of fast-paced environment and is comfortable working with colleagues in different time zones and continents.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Please send your cover letter and CV as a single PDF attachment to email@example.com (please note that we can only accept applications that are sent in PDF format)
• The file name should be saved as your full name.
• Please include the position and country for which you are applying to work in the subject line of the email.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.