Finance & Accountancy Manager
Jobs at:Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, February 21 2024
Date Posted: Monday, February 12 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International independent medical humanitarian Organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from health care. MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity; therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
Job: Finance & Accountancy Manager
Opening Date: 7th February 2024
Closing Date: 21st February 2024
Duty station: Kampala
Contract Type: Open term
Start of work: End of March
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Being responsible for the quality and timely accounting for the whole mission e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to MSF guidelines, financial standards and procedures
• Is also responsible for the implementation and effectiveness of the internal control
• Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet and reporting the mission's accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, in order to verify the evolution of project finances and provide information about them.
• Ensure compliance to MSF guidelines, standards, policies and procedure for the mission: in particular financial standards and procedures and engagement of expenditure (Purchasing and payment procedures)
• Being responsible for the financial management of donor contracts e.g. preparing and verifying the financial reports to donors, following up and analyzing the need for amendments. Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the mission are informed of their responsibilities (for example, logistics for stock inventory, quotes)
• Coordinate and ensure that administrative procedures regarding taxes and Social Security system of the country are respected, to comply with established legal procedures in the country.
• Coordinate and ensure that the procedure governing money management are properly followed, that there is enough treasury for the smooth running of operations at all times and maintain as much control as possible about the security risks, in particular; ensure correct management of cash boxes, define minimum levels of cash; set up a solid advance follow up systems.
• Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, Labour, stock and asset management
• Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve people's capabilities
• Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with MSF financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the MSF accounting software / system
• When required, briefing all staff involved, on specific accountancy management (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc
• Liaise with other MSF sections to align policies where necessary, share information and best practices.
• Offer technical Unifield related support to the finance team at both Coordination and FIELD projects.
• Focal point UniField include trainings for new finance staff and first mission Admins without Unifield experience
• Perform monthly reconciliation of VAT, Excise Duty, WHT and follow-up refunds and payments with the Admin Assistant and Protocol manager respectively
• Analyze the VAT refunds and supplier tax compliance status, identify suppliers and service providers who are not VAT compliant and communicate to concerned departments accordingly.
• Ensure proper and timely closure of mission’s Accountancy (By 15th of the next month for M-1)
• Provide narrative feedback to the field projects after closing every month of Accountancy and support the projects perform corrections and correct problem entries in UF before & after Accountancy closure.
• Consistently perform monthly follow ups of Donations, update the Donations tracking template, scan and quarterly upload all the donations certificates on MSF portal.
• Perform Cash inventories of the cash box with the Admin Assistant as and when as per the finance basics
• In Liaison with the Cofirh, ensure efficient management of the treasury including the whole treasury of the mission, in order to have smooth running of operations at all times and maintaining as much control as possible on cash security risks.
• When requested replace other members of finance or HR team in Coordination or in the projects during their absence.
Education: Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• Experience: 2 years of working experience in similar position
• Experience in MSF or other NGO’s is a plus
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications by email (Indicate FIN-ACMA & your full name in the subject line). Applicants should include a CV, application letter, and copies of academic / work certificates) addressed to;
Finance & HR Coordinator
Médecins Sans Frontières
Plot 21 Ssemakula Close, Tank Hill Road
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The candidature files will not be returned. Only photocopies of important documents should be submitted.
NOTE: Only persons responding to the job profile will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
No monetary, goods or service offers, nor favoritism, will be tolerated in a recruiting process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the justice system.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.