GLRA Uganda Logistic Officer
Jobs at:German Leprosy and TB Relief Association Uganda (G RA-Uganda)
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, February 12 2024
Date Posted: Monday, February 05 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Job:
The Logistics Officer is responsible for overseeing and man aging the logistics operations of GLRA Uganda Program Of fice. Heshe plays a crucial role in ensuring smooth flow of materials, supplies throughout the supply chain to ensure proper functioning of the program and projects.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Involved in planning and managing logistics, warehouse operations, transportation, and customer services.
• Responsible for managing the entire supply chain, from ordering and warehousing to delivering materials to different locations.
• Responsible for keeping track of inventory levels, monitoring stock levels, and ensuring that materials are available when needed.
• Provide relevant logistical data to management to support operational needs and the program development process.
• Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
• Ensure materials are received, stored, shipped, and reported in accordance with established DAHW procedures and guidelines;
• Maintain a complete, accurate and up-to-date inventory list and stocks.
• Maintain proper records of disposal of assets and inventory
• Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
• Support on other tasks when required and any other related tasks assigned by Head of program
• Minimum Diploma in Business management, Marketing, supply chain management /logistics/purchasing with minimum 5 years' relevant work;
• NGO experience desired;
• Experience in humanitarian desired;
• Excellent interpersonal communication skill;
• Very good computer skills in Microsoft office (other system desired);
• Excellent verbal (written) & oral communication skills in English;
• Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application to be submitted 12.02.2024 via the following e-mail: GLRA_OFFICE@dahw.org or in persons at office, Plot 4384, Kiwafu Road, Kasanga - Kampala. Applicants are needed to submit appliction letter, CV and Credential documents.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.