Government Relations Officer
Jobs at:Village Enterprise
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, September 25 2023
Date Posted: Monday, September 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Government Relations Officer, based in Kampala and reporting to the Chief Government Relations Officer, plays a critical role in Village Enterprise's mission to end extreme poverty in rural Africa. The officer will establish, develop, and maintain relationships with key Ugandan government officials, departments, and agencies, promoting the adoption and scaling of Village Enterprise's poverty graduation model. The officer will also engage with Village Enterprise teams in Kenya, Rwanda, and Ethiopia to foster a united regional effort. This position is open to Ugandan Nationals only.
Stakeholder Engagement: Identify, engage, and nurture relationships with key government stakeholders who can influence the adoption and scaling of Village Enterprise's poverty graduation model.
Policy Advocacy: Advocate for policies and initiatives that advance the uptake and expansion of Village Enterprise's poverty graduation model within the Ugandan government.
Engagement Strategies: Develop and implement comprehensive engagement strategies targeting government agencies, fostering the adoption and alignment of Village Enterprise's poverty graduation model with Uganda's national development objectives.
Fundraising Support: Collaborate with the development/partnership team to identify Government funding opportunities aligned with Village Enterprise's poverty graduation model. Assist in the development of effective proposals to secure these funding opportunities.
Communication and Representation: Serve as a spokesperson for Village Enterprise to the Ugandan government, effectively communicating our poverty graduation model and its impact. Foster knowledge sharing and collaboration between Village Enterprise and the Government of Uganda.
Reporting and Analysis: Monitor, analyze, and report on political developments, government initiatives, and policy changes that could impact the adoption and scaling of Village Enterprise's poverty graduation model. Regularly update the Chief Government Relations Officer on these developments.
Regional Collaboration: Coordinate with Village Enterprise teams in other East African countries to promote a cohesive regional approach to government engagement, fostering the adoption and scaling of the poverty graduation model across East Africa.
What does success look like for this role?
• Successful establishment and nurturing of relationships with key Ugandan Government stakeholders, leading to increased adoption and scaling of Village Enterprise's poverty graduation model.
• Effective advocacy resulting in policy changes that favor the adoption and scaling of Village Enterprise's poverty graduation model within the Ugandan Government.
• Creation and execution of comprehensive engagement strategies for Ugandan Government engagement that fosters fruitful collaborations, partnerships, and attracts sustainable funding.
• Effective articulation of Village Enterprise's poverty graduation model to Ugandan Government stakeholders, enhancing understanding and support.
• Timely and precise reporting and analysis of political and policy developments pertinent to Village Enterprise's work.
• Collaboration with Village Enterprise teams in other East African countries promoting a unified regional government effort, contributing to the scaling of the poverty graduation model across East Africa.
• Bachelor's degree in Political Science, International Relations, Development Studies, or a related field.
• Minimum of three years of experience in government relations or a similar role, preferably in the NGO sector.
• Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with partners, government officials, and other stakeholders.
• Deep understanding of the Ugandan political landscape and government systems.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to work independently and strategically, with a high level of initiative.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Familiarity with rural development, entrepreneurship, and poverty graduation approaches.
• Understanding of the socio-economic context and challenges of rural communities in Uganda is highly desirable.
• Proficiency in English (both written and spoken); knowledge of local Ugandan languages is a plus.
• Commitment to Village Enterprise's mission and values.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.