Human Resource Manager
Jobs at:Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, February 21 2024
Date Posted: Monday, February 12 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International independent medical humanitarian organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from health care. MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity; therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
Job: Human Resource Manager
Opening Date: 7th February 2024
Closing Date: 21st February 2024
Duty station: Kampala
Contract Type: Open term
Start of work: End of March
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow-up of the internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff, ensuring that all staff are employed in the frame of fair labour conditions
• Is responsible to ensure that national staff remuneration and benefits align with the mission’s grid and internal regulations.
• Is the responsible and technical referent for HR and Administration related issues at mission level
• Participate in the definition of the mission objectives and strategies
• Liaise with other MSF sections to align policies where necessary and share information and best practices
• Identify and follow people who have worked with MSF and can be mobilized
• Organise relevant trainings for the EPREP pool as defined by Coordination
• Maintain a standard archiving system for the entire mission (Paper, Homere, Share point etc)
• Ensure that staff are briefed & debriefed, bilans are carried out and properly filed.
• Ensure that international staff teams work legally
• Provide expertise to Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to manage HR teams
• In close collaboration with the Mission Coordination Team, plans HR operational and budget needs in order to efficiently ensure the required HR sizing and capabilities of the mission. Is responsible for the follow-up of the HR budget and plan and accountable for both
• Check, update and compile mission organigram and share with coordination and Cell (Share Point)
• Contribute to the construction of the L&D strategy
• Train admin assistants & emergency admin teams in all HR management procedures
• Promote internal (interprojects) and external (intermissions) mobility of key staff identified and support the development of plans to ensure mobility.
• When requested replace other members of finance or HR team in Coordination or in the projects during their absence.
• Identify and follow up on team building events/activities
• Make sure abuse prevention is in place as well as mitigation mechanism related to HR. All staff must be aware of the behavioural commitment and signed it.
• Contribute to internal control mechanism and participate actively to Risk Prevention Committee (RPC).
Education: Degree in Administration
• Experience: 2 years of working experience in Administration
• Experience in MSF or other NGO’s is a plus
Language: Excellent command of English and control of local languages
Knowledge: Essential Computer literacy (Word, Excel & Internet)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications by email (Indicate HR MANAGER & your full name in the subject line). Applicants should include a CV, application letter, and copies of academic / work certificates) addressed to;
Finance & HR Coordinator
Médecins Sans Frontières
Plot 21 Ssemakula Close, Tank Hill Road
NOTE: The candidature files will not be returned. Only photocopies of important documents should be submitted.
NOTE: Only persons responding to the job profile will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
No monetary, goods, or service offers, nor favoritism, will be tolerated in a recruiting process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the justice system.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.