IP Operations Engineer
Jobs at:ZTE Uganda Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, October 21 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, September 24 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Provisioning and maintaining BGP global connectivity.
• IP/MPLS Network design and maintenance, including reliability, scalability and manageability.
• Integrating and maintaining connectivity for 3GPP voice and data Core with specific emphasis on logical interface requirements and vendor capabilities.
• Integrating and maintaining scalable connectivity for Value added services, Mobile Money services with specific emphasis on high availability and scalability.
• Provisioning and maintain fixed access connectivity for internet, leased lines and voice services.
• Provisioning and maintain ISP services, DNS and Email.
• Provisioning External datacenter services (rack space).
• Timely Faults management including setting up monitoring, systematic troubleshooting, coordination with different teams and vendors up to resolution of faults, and preparation of faults/alarm report.
• Configurations management including accuracy and quality audits, audit trail checks, Backups and updating LLD & HLDs
• Providing and verifying Accounting information, auditing and ensuring no revenue leakages
• Performance management including setting up measure metrics, proactive capacity and resource management
• Ensuring that all systems and information are secured, proactively reporting and fixing vulnerabilities.
Required skill set
• Depth understanding of TCP/IP including tcp,udp, sctp, SIGTRAN, GTP,Radius, Diameter, DNS, HTTP, FTP, client server architecture.
• Depth understanding of computer architecture, computer networks, software and scripting, cloud and virtualization, databases, storage, operating systems uni x and windows.
• Depth knowledge of 3GPP architecture for 2G/3G/4G/5G including logical interfaces, protocols, call flows for both voice and data.
• Depth understanding and hands on experience with Ethernet switching, IP routing, MPLS forwarding, OSPF,BGP,ISIS,LDP,Segment routing,L3VPNs, L2VPN.
• Critical thinking with proven ability to provide out of the box solution.
• Global thinker with proven interest in technology and scientific research.
• Depth understanding of information security plus experience in, encryption, hashing, signing, VPNs, NAT, IPsec, DOS, DDoS, DPI, Firewalls, Anti-spam, End-point Security.
• Experience with datacenter application deployments including scaling, load balancing, caching.
• Experience on Cisco/F5/Huawei/Juniper/Fortigate/ZTE/Extreme routers, switches and firewall.
• Hands on experience on Cisco/Huawei/ZTE/Ericsson GGSN/SGW/PGW/MME/PCRF.
• Understanding and adherence to processes.
• Must show speed and urgency while executing duties.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.