BUREAU VERITAS Uganda Limited, a company incorporated under the Registrar of Companies in Uganda, is a leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification Services. The company is advertising several positions to be filled as below: PAUT - TOFD Operator
He shall be able to prepare the NDT Procedures as per project requirements and able demonstrate the NDT Techniques and Procedure qualifications & Preparation of scan plans. Qualifications & Experience:
• NDT Certifications : NDT Level II IN PAUT as per ISO 9712 / PCN by independent body.
• NDT Experience : Minimum 5 years' experience in Oil & Gas
• Fluent English & Computer knowledge : For day to day communications & NDT Report preparations. Project Manager
• Visible leadership commitment to project HSE objectives and project Life Program
• Lead the Area Project Team including Package Managers, Engineering, Construction and assigned support services personal to deliver the Area scope of the project
• Set clear objectives and targets for the Area team, aligned to overall project objectives and targets
• Drive a construction driven approach to delivering the area
• Responsible for the Project budget, expenditure and forecasts
• Focus team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
• Listen to the team, discuss the issues, resolve problems and direct activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
• Provide mentoring and participate in staff performance evaluations.
• Identify and implement training requirements Accurate, timely & effective progress reporting to the Client and internally to management. Qualifications
• Experience of working within Engineering, Procurement and Construction delivery of similar facilities/areas
• The position requires initial set up from London/ working from home with business trips in country in either Tanzania Uganda as required or then rotational assignment in-country.
• Bachelor's degree in construction management, procurement, engineering, or related field with a project management qualification.
• Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
• Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals, and manage time, priorities, resources, accountability, schedules and cost.
• Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally with all stakeholders 12+ years’ experience in the engineering, procurement and construction management industry with 5+ years’ experience specifically in the oil & gas (pipelines) industry 5+ years-experience on project delivery
Responsible for the QA&QC works Responsibilities
• Review materials supply plan for all EPC phases in accordance with the overall project construction schedule.
• Check large scale equipment, petro Tank, Vessel, Tower, separator, Air compressor, Generator and Pump according to the requirements of the specification.
• Participate in materials on arrival inspection (quality, specification, technical parameter, mode, hazard, pollution, etc.) according to relevant standard and requirements.
• Review the construction execution plan, material testing and quality certificate
• NDE/NDT management and ensure NDE is carried out in line with requirements of CU QHSE policy, regulations and specifications
• Ensure all supervisors who participate in the activities are familiar with characteristics of all materials, material quality control, and relevant operation procedures.
• According to the requirements of quality system and standard specifications, carry out quality control of incoming materials and construction stages.
• Compile quality inspection procedures/inspection instructions and improve inspection methods to improve inspection efficiency and effectiveness.
• Coordinated various departments of the project to deal with abnormal quality problems in the construction process, urged relevant departments to formulate corresponding corrective or preventive measures, and organized follow-up verification.
• Quality tracking during project construction, verification of key performance parameters and rectification verification of problem points.
• Improve operation process and operation documents to promote continuous improvement of quality management system.
• Assist the project leader to complete other daily work. Qualifications requirements education
Bachelor's degree or above. MAJOR Material, Chemical engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Petroleum chemical, Engineering mechanics or the related. Experience
At least 10 years of experience
• Has rich experience in equipment installation in the petrochemical industry, especially involving safety load, to be able to calculate.
• Can design, check and construction of large scale equipment, petro Tank, Vessel, Tower, separator, Air compressor, Generator and Pump.
• Can Prepare construction plan for large scale equipment.
• Can calculate equipment load report, technology report.
• Be proficient in HVAC, electrical, and instrumentation professional knowledge.
• Familiar with QA&QC of mechanical for oil field site construction projects .
• Good knowledge of international code, standard and regulation, such as ASME, API, etc.
• Familiar with Quality Management System (ISO, etc);
• Able to verify and establish Quality Plan or Inspection Testing Plan
• Able to verify and approve Non-Conformities / Corrective action Familiar with Quality Management System.
• Participate and organize regular quality control meetings, and organize thematic (coordination) meetings when appropriate.
• Independent thinking ability, skilled in solving problems. Capability
• Good organizational and communication skills.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Basic computer skills. Miscellaneous
• Good at using CAD.
• Good at using P6
• Good at using micro-office software and project tools
• Three similar experiences working in international project. Fire Fighter Engineer
Responsible for the fire Fighter Works Responsibilities:
• Fire Fighter Engineer reports directly to construction manager, He/She needs to coordinate project team staffs. supervision company, EPC contractors and other related government authorities to ensure construction safety, quality, progress to meet requirements of company requirements. codes and standards.
• To review construction ability of HSE and fire construction drawings, includes but not limit to follows: Automatic fire alarm system, automatic water fire extinguishing system (Water spray, fine water mist), fire hydrant system (indoor and outdoor fire hydrant), gas / foam fire extinguishing system, Anti-smoke system, emergency lighting / power supply system, Handling and storage management of hazardous chemicals, etc.
• Witness and supervise FM200 system acceptance and installation.
• Witness and supervise CO2 system acceptance and installation.
• Witness and supervise Fire water system acceptance, installation.
• Witness and supervise Foam system acceptance and installation.
• Assist to prepare HSE and fire related bidding documents, to provide bidding evaluation report of potential contractor to project team for choosing qualified construction company.
• Develop or review ITP, method statement and construction execution plan submitted by contractors according to Project's technical requirements, design drawing, codes and standards.
• Cooperate with other professional engineers to deal with related construction work, and provide technical support to Procurement Dept.
• Assist in managing contractor construction progress and review daily, Weekly, monthly and quarterly reports submitted by contractors.
• Supervise the construction quality of the contractor, whether it conforms to the specification, and propose corrective measures.
• Work with project manager to complete all pre production preparations.
• Assist the project leader to complete other daily work Qualifications requirements
Education : University degree or above
Safety engineering, fire engineering and related majors, with petrochemical industry work experience is preferred.
Experience: At least 8 years of experience
Certificate : Certificate of Registered Safety Engineer or Certificate of Level 1 Fire Engineer Knowledge
• Safety engineering, firefighting engineering, safety management, fire protection acceptance and maintenance.
• Extensive knowledge of petroleum engineering or petro-chemical engineering.
• Extensive knowledge of construction, installation and commissioning. Capability
• Familiar with HSE and fire works for oil field site construction projects
• Have similar working experience in international projects.
• Frequent travel or site base required according to project arrangements.
• Have the on-site judgment and disposal ability.
• PC Skills
• Good health is required.
• Good at using micro-office software and CAD software.
• Strong executive ability, clear working ideas, strong communication skills, team spirit, good interpersonal skills.
Supervisor / RTFI Supervisor Skills
Project supervisors are responsible for overseeing all aspects of a project, from planning and scheduling and reporting. In order to be successful in this role, they need to have a deep understanding of both the technical and day today work aspects of the project and the project goals. Candidate must have the NDE Level II (UT, MT, PT and ISO 9712 in RTFI) with sufficient technical knowledge and skills to be qualified by client and end user and thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods, able demonstrate the NDT Techniques and Procedure qualifications able to prepare the NDT Procedures as per project requirements and to set up & to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. NDE Level Il should be able to organize and report the results of NDE test activities. Qualifications & Experience:
• NDT Certifications : RTFI in IS09712 or PCN along with ASNT NDT Level II IN UT MT & PT.
• NDT Experience : Minimum 10+ years' experience in Oil & Gas.
• English Fluence : Read/Write / Speaking & Email.
• English Ability & Computer knowledge : For day to day communications with clients & Emails etc RT Operator Cum Radiation Protection Operator
The NDE Level Il in RT individual shall have sufficient technical knowledge and skills and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Must be familiar with Radiation safety & Security regulations as per Local & International Requirements (IAEA Standards). The NDE Level Il in RT shall be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for which qualified and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of trainees and NDE Level I personnel. The NDE Level Il shall be able to organize and report the results of NDE test activities. He shall be able to prepare the NDT Procedures as per project requirements. He shall be able demonstrate the NDT Techniques and Procedure qualifications. RPO Responsibilities:
Who has vast experience in Radiography job and trained to see day to day implementation of Radiation Protection Programme. His work includes:
• Oversight of industrial radiography operations, to assist company to comply with regulatory requirement, including requirements for the safe transport of sources for site radiography work,
• Auditable Maintenance of source accountancy books at site;
• Inspection and maintenance of source of engineering controls, safety features and warning features.
• Oversight of access control for controlled areas;
• Establishment and periodic review of arrangements for personal dosimetry, including maintenance and review of occupational doses.
• Ensuring that radiographers are suitably trained in the use of equipment and in radiation protection, and that they receive regular refresher trainings.
• Ensuring that emergency plans are established and that they are practised regularly.
• Supervision of workplace monitoring arrangements;
• Establishment, issue and periodic review of local rules (including work permits where appropriate)
• Investigation of higher than usual exposures and overexposures at site and reporting to QHSE
• Executive at main office
• Investigation and reporting of incidents, including accidents to QHSE Executive and management. Qualifications & Experience:
• NDT Certifications : NDT Level II RT ( ASNT or equivalent).
• RPO Certificates: As per IAEA Requirements with Diploma or Degree in Engineering group.
• NDT Experience : Minimum 5+ years' experience in Oil & Gas.
• English Fluency : Read/Write / Speaking.
• Computer knowledge : For day to day communications & NDT Report preparations..
• Equipment Operation & Handling experience : He shall be having hands on handling & Troubleshooting experience in Sentinel Delta 880 Gamma Ray Radiography projectors with Ir-192 /Se-75 isotopes, ICM/JME & Dandong X-Ray Generators & crawlers. Multi-Tech (MUT/MPI/DPI)
He shall be able to prepare the NDT Procedures as per project requirements and able demonstrate the NDT Techniques and Procedure qualifications. Qualifications & Experience:
• NDT Certifications : NDT Level II IN UT MT & PT as per ISO 9712 / PCN by independent body.
• NDT Experience : Minimum 5 years' experience in Oil & Gas.
• Fluent English & Computer knowledge : For day to day communications & NDT Report preparations.
• He shall be qualified in NDE Level II (PAUT & UT) individual shall have sufficient technical knowledge and skills to be qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. He shall be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for which qualified and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of NDT assistants. He shall be able to organize and report the results of NDE test activities.
The NDE Level 1 Al in RT or UT, MT & PT individual shall have sufficient technical knowledge and skills to be qualified to set up and calibrate equipment with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications, he shall be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for which qualified. Qualifications & Experience:
• NDT Certifications : NDT Level I/II IN RT or UT MT & PT
• NDT Experience : Minimum 3 years' experience in Oil & Gas.
• Fluent English & Compute knowledge : For day to day communications & NDT Technique Performance.