Junior Process Engineer
Jobs at:Total Energies
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, December 01 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Qualifications & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Process or Chemical Engineering.
• Min 1 year of experience in technological process/production and chemistry.
• Know-how and expertise in operation and process of producing heavy oil, waxy crude.
• Background in Production chemistry and Water treatment.
• Expertise of process software (ProII – Essential / Pipesim, Flaresim, Hysys – Recommended).
• Programming skills for Data analysis are preferrable.
• Problem-solving skills for complex and integrated processes.
• Knowledge of industry norms and specifications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be up to date with HSE trainings, ensure Company Golden rules are known and applied at work and during daily life.
• Take Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) lead in ensuring "safe systems of work" and "safe conditions" are in place within area of responsibility. Report the Environmental and Safety anomalies.
• Demonstrate visible commitment to HSE by periodically taking part in risk assessments, audits, HSE meetings, emergency drills.
• Ensure Engineering activities are performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements.
• Follow-up HIPS related studies during Engineering / Project Execution phase and ensure correct implementation & hand-over to operations.
• Ensure flaring is minimized during production upsets (loss of GTG for instance) and propose technical solutions to minimize venting / flaring.
• Support necessary process design/engineering during the project and process optimizations/troubleshooting during operational phases in compliance with E&PCompany Rules and General Specifications.
• Identify and resolve process issues which are critical during Project and Operational phases.
• Coordinate with other technical disciplines to provide responses to complex problems related to process design, operability and availability, integrity, instrumentation and control, emissions, rotating equipment, static equipment.
• Participate in process and production chemistry studies and PID/PFD reviews.
• Support process and production chemistry technical assistance to site and CWE (Tier 2 of CWE).
• Participates to Operating Procedures preparation and update.
• Provide guidance to operations consistent with safe work procedures, Field stringent environmental specifications and mechanical integrity requirements.
• Support Site Modification Requests (SMR) and Requests for modifications (RFM) processes. Contribute to Process related Requests for modifications (RFM).
• Participate towards HAZOP reviews, project safety reviews, technical audits and value engineering during various phases of project implementation and operational phase as required.
• Review process and production chemistry related technical documentation submitted for COMPANY approval by Engineering Contractors and other third parties.
• Develop and keep updated Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Heat and Material Balances and Process Datasheets & Specification.
• Collaborate with Engineering team and OneTech to answer queries and/or provide technical support. Prepare the Scope of Work and follow the studies done by external Engineering companies during Operations phase.
• Perform any required process simulations through ProII (essential) / FlareSim / PipeSim / Hysys (optional).
• Perform sizing calculations for vessels and piping (process part).
• Perform detailed hydraulic calculations & heat transfer calculations for process units.
• Formalize REX / lessons learned related to Process discipline.
• Ensure interface requirements with the Wellpads facilities, flowlines and pipelines are incorporated into the design and well defined in operating philosophy.
• Provide support to other entities during Project and Operations phases.
• Participate in project and operational reviews as requested by Company Referential.
• Ensure the respect of the Process rules and sizing criteria and apply another technical reference related to Process and Safety engineering.
• Assist in implementation of Digital systems and tools in consultation with the Project Digital Lead.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be sent to the TotalEnergies EP Uganda careers website at https://careers.totalenergies.com.
ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON THE STATED WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Deadline is 1st December 2023
Short listing begins immediately, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
"Candidates applying for the advertised positions will be selected on merit. Any form of canvassing is strictly prohibited."
"Female candidates & persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply"
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.