Jobs at:Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Deadline of this Job:
19 February 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Laboratory Manager, under the direction of the Laboratory Director, provides day to day supervision of testing practices and reporting of test results to the laboratory clients.
• Leads and provides overall technical and supervisory direction in clinical process assessment and improvement to ensure that the laboratory services comply with standards established by CAP, FDA, Allied Health Professional Council, DAIDS and other regulatory agencies in a productive, efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Ensure that lab services are available to accommodate the needs of clients as a partner in patient care services.
• Acquire new and emerging technologies and assist in transferring new technology into the scope of work in the MUWRP.
• Support MUWRP supported Ministry of Health labs.
• Act as a liaison between MUWRP and other biotechnical institutions throughout Uganda.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the biomedical sciences
• Must have a valid and current laboratory professional license to practice in Uganda (AlliedHealth Professionals’ Council)
• Must have at least eight (8) years’ experience in an accredited clinical and research laboratory, with at least two (2) years’ supervisory experience plus demonstrated evidence of knowledge of GCLP.
• Relevant testing experience must include at least one year EACH in any THREE of the following laboratory specialties: specimen processing, clinical chemistry, hematology, coagulation, microbiology, immunology, molecular biology or virology.
• Evidence of research experience such as publications, presentations at conferences or workshops, etc.
• At least above 30 years old.
Other key skills
• Demonstrates proven ability to prioritize and multi-task project and meeting deadlines.
• Possess strong interpersonal/professional relationship development skills.
• Possess initiative and strong organiSation skills.
• Possess strong communication skills: verbal and writing.
• Ability to work with others.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
1. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by submitting an application letter, resume, copies of academic certificates in a 1 PDF or word document, including three referees (who are not relatives) and one of which should be your current supervisor. Indicate their day time telephone contacts and email addresses.
2. Deadline for Application is 19th February 2023.
3. Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.