Laboratory Technologist (G4)
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Perform laboratory procedures as assigned by the laboratory supervisor for pre-examination, examination and post-examination activities using the standard relevant equipment.
• Ensure standards and the quality of laboratory procedures by strictly following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Adhere to bio-safety measures adopted in the laboratory, minding the safety of oneself and others.
• Organize and operates activities on assigned station for accurate, efficient and timely delivery of results.
• Perform quality control activities for assigned stations and document results as required.
• Facilitate in maintenance of laboratory equipment in good working order and operate equipment appropriately following SOPs.
• Facilitate in laboratory stock management and monitor that the equipment and consumables are enough for the anticipated workload.
• Facilitate maintenance of established systems of organized record keeping and information management for timely delivery of results, data collection, analysis and reporting for laboratory monitoring and facilitation to operational research.
• Participate in the development and updating of SOPs as needed.
• Participate in the improvement of service system according to adopted work plan in the laboratory.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Completed Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology, or a related discipline.
• At least two years of relevant laboratory experience in a busy institution, preferably in a clinical laboratory.
• Relevant technical knowledge and practices to personnel and laboratory operations.
• Computer literate with understanding of accurate data collection and analysis for monitoring and continuous improvement of laboratory services and performances; and,
• Good awareness of the role of Laboratory in health systems, optional use of resources for quality and efficient service delivery.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 10th February 2023. Reference Number and Position Title: VN/UG/004/2023 – Laboratory Technologist should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.