Jobs at:Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, February 21 2024
Date Posted: Monday, February 12 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International independent medical humanitarian organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from health care. MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity; therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
Job: Logistics Manager
Opening Date: 7th February 2024
Closing Date: 21st February 2024
Duty station: Kampala
Contract Type: Open term
Start of work: End of March
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the capital in conjunction with the medical team to identify and respond to the needs
• Ensuring and monitoring the implementation of logistics /technical activities in the projects and the capital
• Implement all administrative-related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurance, vehicle contracts etc) and follow appropriate administrative and financial policies and processes.
• As a budget referent, develop and forecast the cash request for the logistics budget lines
• Define training needs of the logistics team
• Ensure technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the capital and if needed for the projects
• Liaise with other MSF sections to align policies where necessary and share information and best practices
• Is the Unified focal person
• Manage EPREP stocks and equipment
• Checking and controlling the quality of storage in the logistics warehouse, including the pharmacy
• Follow up the Biomed equipment with the Pharmacy for EPREP and conduct regular MEMO inventory
• Follow up on the spare parts and consumables items for generators and vehicles
• Ensure the electrical set up is done well in all MSF premises
• Prepare and negotiate contracts for subcontracted work
• Identify key people for the support of other technical families (Watsan, Electricity etc) • Can be detached for any emergency response/new project having the role of Logistics Manager
• Be available to fill the gap of Project Logistics Manager
Education: Technical Diploma / Degree, preferably in Engineering
• Experience: 2 years of working experience in logistics-related activities.
• Experience in MSF or other NGO’s is a plus
Language: Excellent command of English and control of local languages
Knowledge: Essential Computer literacy (Word, Excel & Internet)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications by email (Indicate Log Manager & your full name in the subject line). Applicants should include a CV, application letter, and copies of academic / work certificates) addressed to;
Finance & HR Coordinator
Médecins Sans Frontières
Plot 21 Ssemakula Close, Tank Hill Road
NOTE: The candidature files will not be returned. Only photocopies of important documents should be submitted.
NOTE: Only persons responding to the job profile will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
No monetary, goods, or service offers, nor favoritism, will be tolerated in a recruiting process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the justice system
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.