Manager IT Security
Jobs at:Exim Bank Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, September 27 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, September 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Manager IT Security is responsible for defining and embedding best practice information security policies, standards and processes based on ISO 27001.
The role holder will primarily assess the adequacy of security and governance controls, evaluate threats and vulnerabilities, and calculate the level of current and residual risk and communicate these risks to business units and management. The incumbent should plan, organize, and deliver cost effective and efficient IT security controls to protect and defend systems and information assets (business and customer data) against any internal and external threats.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Take the Lead to establish and implement a comprehensive IT and Cyber Security Framework for Exim Bank Uganda.
• Validate IT infrastructure and other reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risks, where applicable.
• Conduct periodic assessments including vulnerability scans and penetration tests to determine security violations and inefficiencies and ensure fixes, controls or mitigations are established to prevent recurrence.
• Ensure Proactive monitoring and identification of unusual activities, for instance unauthorized access on all systems including servers, applications, firewalls and databases.
• Manage the bank’s Firewall and Information Security Controls ensuring efficient operation and effective Controls.
• Provide support and strategic guidance on information Security.
• Assist in preparing written materials (e.g. procedures, system level documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
• Research trends, products, equipment, tests, etc. for the purpose of acquiring New Technology
• Conduct periodic Security Awareness training for the IT Team as well as All Bank Staff. • Support in IT infrastructure (physical and virtual) and Network Infrastructure
• Provide periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) MIS reports.
• Provide information security advisory and direction to projects and business initiatives as required.
• Ensure change initiatives incorporate information security requirements.
• Perform change management risk reviews and post implementation reviews for all change requests.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Telecom Engineering or related
• CISSP, CSSP, CISM, CISA, Cybersecurity or similar certifications.
• At least four years’ experience in Information Security, Networks, Infrastructure or Systems Administration
• Comprehensive understanding of Information Security Frameworks e.g. ISO 27001
• Strong Knowledge and Experience in managing Firewalls and Information Security Fabric
• Strong Understanding and experience in implementation of Information Systems Controls
• Knowledge and experience in Linux Administration
• Banking Experience will be an added Advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly send your cover letter and up to date CV to email@example.com with the subject JOB APPLICATION: MANAGER IT SECURITY by close of business, Wednesday 27th September 2023.
EXIM Bank Uganda is an Equal Opportunity employer, while we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted Candidates will be Contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.