Jobs at:The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Deadline of this Job:
13 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Medical Officer will ensure delivery of quality HIV/AIDS care and treatment services to clients by providing technical and leadership support to health facility teams.
• Provide clinical care to HIV/AIDS patients attending the IDI clinic and other IDI-supported health facilities in line with standard care and treatment guidelines.
• Assess and diagnose clinical patient problems, order appropriate diagnostic tests and prescribe medication for patients
• Coordinate appropriate referral and management of complex patients through liaison with senior care specialists and other tertiary treatment centers.
• Contribute to performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at the IDI clinic
• Support the team to identify, implement and document continuous quality improvement activities along client care and treatment cascades.
• Coordinate and support facility efforts in follow up of clients to improve linkage, retention and viral suppression rates among clients in HIV care.
• Participate in weekly Continuing Medical Education sessions
• Contribute to Research efforts as will be appropriate
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Degree
• Completion of Internship
• Full and active registration with the UMDPC
• Additional training in HIV/AIDS care and opportunistic infections is added advantage
• Experience and up-to-date technical knowledge of HIV/AIDS clinical care and ART
• Good communication, organization and management skills
• Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
• Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.