Medical Representative / Detailer
Jobs at:Marie Stopes Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
10 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title Medical Representative / Detailer
Location Kampala, Uganda
No. of Direct Reports 0
Reporting to SM Lead
Budget Responsibilities (Y/N) - N
Reporting to the SM Lead, role of this position is to be responsible for the promotion, marketing and distribution of MSU’s range of pharmaceutical products and meet set objectives that meet an agreed revenue or sales target by identifying and gaining business from new and existing clients and ensure that the customer has complete satisfaction when dealing with MSU.
The post holder will be required to consistently engage with the medical fraternity of professionals, practitioners, health workers and care givers and will therefore need to maintain respect amongst the fraternity.
It is particularly important that the post holder is able to sustain a close and collaborative partnership with operational staff in the support office and field, so that project deliverables remain a focus of operational activities
Key Responsibilities Measure
Plan and achieve monthly sales targets by doing the following:-
• Effectively detailing, training and marketing the assigned range of pharma products to healthcare providers for prescription and use.
• Achieve a minimum sales target of 100,000 condoms per month, 20,000 tabs of Misoclear per month, 2,250 tabs of Back Up per month and 500 doses of Mariprist per month.
• List all doctors, medical service providers, pharmacies in the territory
• Achieve maximum productivity by preparing efficient and effective route plans that cover required number of existing and new customers on daily basis
• Promote company’s entire range of products among the doctors/medical practitioners/ pharmacies by highlighting special features/benefits of the products, its proven efficacy, new research and clinical findings through one on one detailing and group meetings
• Ensure visibility of company’s products at the outlets, display of company’s communications materials at the outlets/doctors’ chambers/clinics/hospitals
• Book orders from doctors/private service providers, pharmacies, wholesalers, chain stores, hospitals, private clinics, NGOs.
• Ensure adequate availability/visibility on their shelves.
• Liaise and coordinate with distributors and uplift stock and ensure delivery of booked orders to the customers.
• Collect and report information on competitors’ products and activities.
• Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports as per the specified format
• Attend trainings from time to time and develop competencies required for being a more effective salesperson
• Build and maintain relationship with local influential and opinion leaders on behalf of the company
• Documented evidence of practitioners met during each month.
• Clear data base of prescribers /spread sheets and achievement weekly reports
• Achieved of sales targets
• Monthly routing calendar due on first of the month
• MSU product brands visibility in the market
• Book and filled order forms from customers
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Degree in Biological, Biomedical sciences, or Diploma in pharmacy, Clinical medicine or Nursing from a reputable institution.
• A minimum of 1 year experience with robust pharmaceutical sales and specialisation in sales or marketing of health products.
• Additional training in Pharmaceutical marketing will be an advantage
• Significant knowledge in Family planning and Pharmaceutical sector in Uganda
• Valid driving licence
• Hard working and persuasive
• Quick decision making and highly intelligent
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good customer management skills
• Flair for sales
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
• Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
• Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
• Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
• Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
• Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
• Drive and determination to deliver results
• Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
• Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
• Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
MSI Behaviours and Values
Team Member Behaviours
Work as One MSI
• You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
• You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
• You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity
• You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
• You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks. Develop and grow
• You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
• You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
• You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
• You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only)
• You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction.
• You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
• You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
• You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
• Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance.
• Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality.
• Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
• Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
You are encouraged to apply for the above position provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements
To apply for the position, please visit the careers page on our website: www.mariestopes.or.ug to submit your application. (please attach your CV) Or go directly to the application page by clicking here and click Apply Now
The deadline for applications is Thursday, 10th December 2022.
1. MSUG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING HUMANITY AND EXPECTS ALL POSITION HOLDERS TO SHARE THIS COMMITMENT.
2. MSUG HAS A WELL GUIDED AND TRANSPARENT RECRUITMENT PROCESS THAT REQUIRES NO PAYMENT FROM ANY CANDIDATE/JOB APPLICANTS/POTENTIAL JOB SEEKERS AS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENT.
3. FEMALE CANDITATES THAT QUALIFY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.