Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
20 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The job holder will mainly be responsible for providing support to the Include project MEAL function and will work with the project MEAL Coordinator, Project Manager and the project team to design and contribute to building a strong MEAL system for the project. He/she will support integration of Geographical Information System (GIS) in project reporting, including GIS mapping and dissemination of MIS/GIS reports. The MEAL system’s objective is to ensure harmonised and aligned data collection and monitoring to inform decision-making, accountability, reporting and learning in a timely and strategic manner.
The MEAL Officer will undertake routine monitoring through both quantitative and qualitative data collection activities to monitor progress against program performance indicators for reporting, learning, and program improvement and will establish a mechanism for collecting, tracking and responding to feedback and complaints from Programme stakeholders.
In addition, the jobholder ensures that Quality Benchmarks are used during implementation of project activities and puts in place a tailor-made documentation strategy for impact stories, reports, and best practices. The MEAL officer will cultivate a culture of learning within the project and ensure that lessons learnt from pilots and project interventions are documented, shared between partners and with key stakeholders and contribute to national and global level learning and research.
The job holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in either Statistics, Economics or Humanities
• Post graduate Diploma in Monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of three years working experience in monitoring and evaluation of Child protection projects with an International NGO
• Knowledge and practical experience developing an M&E-GIS System to generate data, dashboards and web maps using ArcGIS, QGIS or similar GIS software;
• Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office), particularly MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Word and at least one analysis software (SPSS, STATA, etc.);
• Knowledge and use of various survey methods for monitoring of different programs;
• Prior experience establishing and running coordination mechanisms;
• Additional training and experience in biostatistics or monitoring and evaluation and MIS is an added advantage;
• Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Livelihood sector is an added advantage.
• Experience in Cash for education programing.
• Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities;
Sound written and oral presentation skills
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on August 20, 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.