Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, February 13 2024
Date Posted: Monday, February 05 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Office Assistant will work to support the Uganda FHI360 office and ensure that projects operate smoothly and effectively. S/he will assist managing the day-to-day operations of office facilities to ensure an efficient, productive, and safe working environment for staff and visitors
• Oversee the cleaning crew to ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the office. This includes the general office floor and desks.
• Ensure safety and security of the office supplies and equipment.
• Work with the security in charge on office security.
• Monitor stock levels of office supplies and update the Supervisor accordingly.
• Handle general office inquiries and route them to appropriate officers for assistance, as necessary.
• Ensure that staff tea is served at various identified locations within the offices.
• Support the office in absence of the Administration Assistant.
• Opening and closing of offices.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
• Ordinally or higher level of education, Diploma is an added advantage
• Ability to maintain a variety of records, such as inventories of supplies and materials.
• Proven ability to work independently and self-motivated, also work cooperatively with other office personnel.
• 3-5 years of related office administration experience.
• Demonstrated experience with office administrative procedures, standards and equipment.
• Demonstrated experience with office software applications and spreadsheets.
• Read, write and speak English; fluent in host country language required
Working conditions/Physical requirements
• Willingness and ability to work with stakeholders
• Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
• Willingness to work -beyond the normal work hours as maybe required.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Typical office environment.
• Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
• Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
• Less than 10%
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.