Jobs at:Baylor Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
11 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Research Pharmacist will be responsible for monitoring and the implementation of Pharmaceutical systems in the research pharmacy and work closely with the team to performs the day to day pharmacy activities and study product management including, but not limited to, the receipt, storage, preparation, dispensing and final disposition of study products for DAIDS-supported and/or sponsored clinical trials.
1. Review and implement the mechanism of accounting for Investigational Productsreceived, dispensed and returned in line with the Pharmaceutical Affairs Branch (PAB) guideline and instructions for the DAIDS sponsored clinical trials.
2. Analyze stock status of Investigational medicinal products for the clinical trials andsubmit study product and supplies requests to the Clinical Research Product Management Centre.
3. Monitor the dispensing of pharmaceutical drugs and the provision of medication adherence counselling to patients or their care takers in line with Good Pharmacy Practice.
4. Monitor the proper drug storage, accurate recording and accountability of study products and other pharmacy ancillary supplies in the Research Pharmacy according to the manufacturers recommended conditions.
5. Implementation of the Pharmacy Quality Management plan including reviewing ofprescriptions to detect for errors and monitor the correction of errors done by prescribers and dispensers in line with Good Clinical Practice principles.
6. Review the calibration and validation of pharmacy equipment logs; monitor and updatethe temperature logs for proper storage of Investigational Medicinal Products.
7. Conduct administrative and oversight responsibilities as stipulated in the Pharmacyguidelines for Division of AIDS sponsored clinical trials under the Baylor Uganda Clinical Research Site.
8. Forecast, order monitor and manage study products from the Clinical Research ProductManagement Centre in accordance to the DAIDS Pharmaceutical Affairs Branch guidelines.
9. Carry out operational research on pharmacovigilance surveillance issues at COE and prepare reports to National Drug Authority in line with the medical guidelines.
10. Conduct additional duties as may be delegated from time to time by your supervisor.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy with an interest in Clinical research and at least two years of experience in HIV/AIDS.
• 2 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.