Planning & Monitoring Officer
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 24 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
How can you make a difference?
The Planning and monitoring Officer, NO2 is based in a Uganda Country Office in the Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation Section, reporting to the Planning and Monitoring Specialist / NOC.
The core functions of (internal and external) Planning will continue to be anchored in the PME team as a high-level coordination function, as opposed to business partner model with each Programme team or Zonal Office. This includes coordination on GoU and UN Planning, Programme and Zonal Planning, and UCO’s engagement with Implementing Partners. The function provides advisory roles to senior management, with Section Chiefs and Output Managers taking on more accountability for technical quality of their Programme Planning, Implementing Partnerships, and Knowledge Management functions.
The Monitoring function has shifted from real-time monitoring and business-partner model to an analytical and high-level reporting of performance monitoring. Quality assurance of programme monitoring report will be shifted towards Programme teams, while the PM team will maintain the advisory role to senior management on programmatic risks at established review forums within the CO (PMT, CMT, EMT, etc.) The Section Chiefs and Output Managers will take on a more pronounced role in ensuring program learning and adaptation from programme monitoring, quality review on log frames for resource mobilizations and reporting, and effective reporting to the UNCT through the Working Groups.
The Officer will play a significant role in supporting the Planning and Monitoring Specialist in this role.
1. Country Programme Planning Processes
• Participates in the finalization of rolling work plan and ensures compliance with specific assigned objectives of the UNSDCF and PDs.
• Contributes towards the preparation of the Situation Analysis and CPD/CPAP by compiling data, analyzing and evaluating information.
• Documentation for the Country Programme including Country Programme Document, Country Programme Action Plan, Country Programme Management Plan, Annual Work Plans, Annual Management Plan are prepared in a timely manner as per guidelines.
• Prepares the cross-sectoral documents/input for the Country Programme Document and Plans of Action, etc.
• Leads the quality assurance as needed into MYR, EYR, MTR, and CPD processes.
• Contributes to UNICEF’s participation in the programme development process within and outside UNICEF to ensure adequate input on the improvement and well-being of women and children.
2. Support to implementing partnership management
• Provide technical support to the country office in the formalization of implementing partnerships with government, civil society organizations and other implementing partners in line with relevant policies, procedures and guidelines, including the CSO Procedure and guidance on work plans.
• Monitor internal country office processes for formalizing implementing partnerships with CSOs to ensure that corporate timelines are adhered to, especially in humanitarian responses.
• Serve as the custodian of all implementing partnership documentation such as assessment and assurance reports, PCAs, SSFAs and programme documents, ensuring that they are adequately circulated in the office and properly archived.
• Design and implement capacity building initiatives for staff of implementing partners to ensure that they are knowledgeable on all aspects of partnering with UNICEF, with particular emphasis on the HACT and CSO procedures.
• Participate in country office ERM exercises to ensure that risks for implementing partnership management are identified and mitigation measures put in place.
3. Programme Performance Monitoring
• Undertakes Assurance visits in the field for onsite monitoring of field activities and ensures that programmes are implemented in accordance with the plan. Identifies problems and provides alternative course of action to accelerate / improve programme delivery.
• Ensure that the Country Office has quality information to assess progress towards expected results established in annual work plans.
• Drawing on monitoring and analysis of key program performance and management indicators, provide professional input to management reports, including relevant sections of the annual reports. 4. Support to UCO Knowledge Management functions
• Establish knowledge sharing channels, organize learning events, identify emerging good practices, lessons learned and prioritize knowledge gaps in each results area.
• Support the systematic documentation of UNICEF modelling efforts and monitor how organizational learning informs UNICEF’s strategies and programmes (RBM).
• Support external linkages with other organizations with common interests (Universities, centers of excellence, UN agencies, and NGOs) in the region to exchange experiences in knowledge management and identify potential for partnerships, cross-fertilization, and joint learning
• Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned from monitoring for integration into broader knowledge development planning and management efforts.
• Research and report on best and cutting-edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems.
• Participate as resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• A university degree in economics, statistics, information management, or other social science field is required.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in social development analysis and programming at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
• Relevant experience at the national and international levels in social development, management, monitoring and evaluation in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
• Background/familiarity with Emergency
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in the national language of the duty station is an asset.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.