Jobs at:Light for the World
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Light for the World is a global development organisation. We empower people with disabilities and enable eye health services in low-income countries. Over the last three decades we improved health systems, enabled education for all, and amplified the voices of people with disabilities Our programmes include:
• Eye Health – preventing blindness and promoting eye health for all
• Inclusive Education – ensuring children with disabilities receive quality, inclusive education
• Inclusive Economic Empowerment – ensuring that barriers are removed for men and women with disabilities to access decent work
The Project Officer will implement project activities under the line management of the Eye Health Programme Administrator and in collaboration with the Programmes Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure planning and coordination of project activities with internal and external stakeholders
• Provide technical support for the development and implementation of the project work plan
• Participate in the weekly activity planning meetings
• Participate in the development of monthly and weekly field activity plans
• Participate in the development of project activity tools
• Support the facilitation of project activities in co-ordination with supervisor and other departments within the organization.
• Support regular coordination meetings with implementing partners and field staff
Support the administration and management of the logistics of the National Optical Workshop
• Support the production and delivery eye health materials to respective recipients
• Develop and keep an appropriate organized filling system as well as keeping track of pending issues
• Control stock of lenses, frames and cases, etc. and provide procurement guidance
• Carry out a bi-annual physical stock taking for the main optical stock and the two intermediate stores for frames and lenses.
• Assort spectacle frames according to their use (e.g. programme, ERRH outlet, Nylon, rimless etc.) and keep records of the stock.
• Screen through sunglasses to select according to brand, gender and remove any breakages.
• Control receiving and forwarding spectacle orders from OCO/Refractionists.
Participate in the data collection and MERLA activities of the project
• Produce weekly and monthly activity reports and contribute to the development of project reports as required by Light for the World’s MERLA team and donors
• Maintain complete documentation for each activity using relevant tools and recommendations from the Program Administrator
• Contribute to the development of the Program Administrator’s activity reports
• Participate in project review workshops
• Participate in assessments and project monitoring and evaluation activities at field level
• Facilitate participation of stakeholders and beneficiaries in monitoring and evaluation of activities
• Ensure that field data collection is charged with the MERLA team
• Ensure the strict adherence to organizational rules including the code of conduct.
• Report any incidents in contravention of the code and any other organization policies immediately.
• Perform any other tasks deemed necessary by the line manager
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Management or Public Administration or relevant field
• At least three years’ experience as a Project Officer
• Experience in the fields of disability inclusion/ public health / eye health and specifically working with persons with disabilities.
• Excellent use with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet and any other statistical packages
• Familiarity with logistics management and procedures
• Knowledge of the project cycle and related tools and methodologies
• Ability to work with and in teams
• Fluency in written and oral English
• Strong report writing
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We are looking forward to receiving your application by 7th October 2022 at the latest. Please apply using https://lftw.hrmagic.co/careers . A complete CV and a letter of motivation are important parts of this. Please let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.