Jobs at:Young African Refugees For Integral Development (YARID)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, February 14 2024
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 06 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About YARID and RETI Consortium
Young African Refugees for Integral Development (YARID) is a registered NGO based in Kampala, founded in 2007 by young Congolese refugees living in Uganda. Our mission is to empower refugees, orphans and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) around Africa to overcome the burdens of deprivation and vulnerability to become healthy, educated, selfsustaining and contributing members of society. YARID unites refugees in urban and settlement settings through avenues like sports, English classes, and vocational skills training in order to address social issues like ethnic conflicts, unemployment, public health, and lack of access to education. Refugees that YARID serves mainly come from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda Burundi, South Sudan, Eritrea, Somalia and Ethiopia.
Muni University in collaboration with eight partners are implementing the Refugee and Host Community Youth Empowerment and Transformation Initiative (RETI) program with support from the Mastercard Foundation to address unemployment challenges faced by young people aged 15 –35 years in twelve refugee hosting districts and three cities in Uganda. The program will directly reach 100,000 young people through skilling, financial inclusion and transition to self and wage employment. The program is being implemented through a RETI Consortium consisting of nine partners, including three universities namely, Muni, Gulu and Bishop Stuart; and six non-university partners, namely, Finn Church Aid, DanChurchAid, Community Empowerment for Rural Development, PALM Corps, Meeting Point Kitgum, and Young African Refugees for Integral Development. The RETI Consortium is led by Muni University.
1. PROJECT OFFICER
Employee Category: Full-time (35-40 hours/week)
Reporting Line: Project Coordinator
Purpose of Job
This is a field-based staff responsible for working closely with the community mobilizers and the programme team to support youth mobilization, engagement with the community and create opportunities for young people to acquire relevant skills and enhance their employability.
• Engage with the local community and maintain strong relationships with refugee and host communities including young people, parents, community leaders, and relevant stakeholders to identify skill gaps and training needs.
• Participate in participant selection recruitment, screening, and selection, ensuring inclusivity and diversity.
• Identify and engage with participants, assessing their needs and aspirations and jointly design strategies to help them relegalize dreams.
• Collaborate with other program staff and partners to develop and implement
operational plans and strategies for the effective implementation of RETI interventions.
• Conduct regular outreach activities, and closely work with stakeholders to identify and mobilize potential participants for the program.
• Organize community meetings and awareness sessions to promote the program’s objectives and opportunities.
• Collect and maintain accurate records of participant profiles, progress, and achievements.
• Monitor the progress and performance of the participants, providing feedback and assistance as needed to ensure their successful completion of the program.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on project activities, including success stories, document achievements, challenges, and lessons learned.
Qualifications and other specifications
• A Bachelor’s degree from a reorganised institution in Social Sciences, Development studies, Social Work and Social Administration and Project planning and management.
• A minimum of 3 years’ working experience in a similar position in project planning and management or related field in a reputable organisation.
• Working knowledge of languages spoken by refugees such as French, Swahili, etc.
will be considered an added advantage.
• Excellent digital literacy competencies conversant with the ecommerce platforms.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Service oriented with good interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Experience in skilling young people, especially refugees will be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and build relationships with diverse stakeholders, including youth, community leaders, and employers.
• Familiarity with work in refugee host-community settings is an added advantage.
• Proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
Equality and Diversity
YARID Ambulance Service is committed to the fair treatment of all people, regardless of their gender, race, colour, ethnicity, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, disability, mental health needs, age, domestic circumstances, social class, sexuality, beliefs, political allegiance or trades union membership.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
In accordance with YARID Safeguarding policies. YARID Ambulance Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Adults. All staff working with these groups are expected to share a commitment to this. You will be expected to promptly report any concerns relating to the safeguarding, sexual harassment of children, young people and / or adults in accordance with agreed policy and procedures. If your own conduct in relation to the safeguarding of children, young people or adults gives cause for concern the YARID agreed Public Protection Procedures will be followed, alongside implementation of the Disciplinary Procedure where appropriate.
A background check will be conducted to assess compliance with safeguarding policies.
All our services are free, DO NOT pay anybody and be coursed into abuse of safeguarding policies for a job placement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above qualifications and specifications, and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application before the 14th of February 2024. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Send your application letter, CV, and copies of your ID and academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the email subject line.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.