Jobs at:Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, November 25 2023
Date Posted: Monday, October 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, health care and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP's portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, Emerging Infectious Diseases Program (EIDP) for surveillance of influenza
• To be a leading biomedical research organization for better health
• To mitigate disease threats through quality health research, disease surveillance and health systems strengthening.
• Research and Surveillance
• Health Systems Strengthening for Service delivery
• Organizational Development
• Partnerships and Resource Mobilization
• Strategic Objectives
• To strengthen and diversify research and surveillance focus within and beyond the current areas .
• To enhance health systems strengthening using research results, global health guidelines and other
• health innovations.
• To improve visibility, and public relations for MUWRP
• To enhance governance, leadership and management of MUWRP
• To mobilize adequate resources for strategy implementation through new and existing partnerships
• In pursuit of its mission, MUWRP will be guided by the following values:
• Excellence: MUWRP is committed to high ethical standards in its research and in delivery of its services. Excellence will enhance the quality of MUWRP’s products and services and position the organization in a leading position.
• Integrity: All MUWRP personnel are expected to be truthful, reliable, and accountable for their actions.
• Teamwork: Collective understanding of the strategy, sharing of responsibility and benefits and mutual support to each other in implementation of planned activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any Related Field
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Attention To Detail,
• Commitment To Diversity,
• A Positive Attitude.
• Professional Qualification Relevant To The Position Which He Held
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join MUWRP in the aforementioned capacities should access the detailed Job descriptions on www.muwrp.org/careers and apply online. Deadline for Application is 25th November 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.