Rootical Communications Intern
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, February 11 2024
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 06 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As a communications intern, you will play a vital role in supporting the Rootical team communications and marketing efforts. The intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in crafting compelling content, developing social media posts, and contributing to the overall communication efforts of the organisation. This hands-on internship provides an excellent opportunity for a budding communications professional to gain practical experience in a fast paced startup environment. You will work closely with the startup studio officer to execute various tasks and projects aimed at enhancing our brand visibility and engaging our target audience.
1. Content Creation:
o Assist in creating engaging content for various platforms, including social media, website, and newsletters.
o Work with colleagues in the Rootical team to support development of infographics, data visualizations, videos and other multimedia comms outputs.
o Conduct research and interviews to gather information for content development.
2. Social Media Management:
o Assist in managing and updating social media accounts.
o Monitor social media trends and propose strategies to increase engagement.
o Monitor and engage with our online community, responding to comments and messages in a timely manner.
o Collaborate with team members to plan and execute social media campaigns to promote key initiatives and events.
3. Media Relations
o Assist in development and distribution of press releases, media advisories, media pitches and other communications materials.
o Build and maintain relationships with media outlets and respond to media inquiries.
4. Event Support
o Assist in planning and executing events, including logistics, communication materials, and outreach.
o Support the organization of events, webinars, and other communication activities.
o Capture and document events through various communication channels.
5. Monitoring and Reporting
o Monitor media coverage and compile reports.
o Analyze communication metrics to assess the effectiveness of communication strategies.
• Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s in communications, English, marketing, journalism or any other relevant degree.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with social media platforms such as Twitter/X, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook.
• Familiarity with trends and digital communication tools.
• Creative mindset with an eye for design is a plus.
• Experience with website content management systems a plus
• Experience with graphics and design software a plus
• Basic knowledge of public relations and media relations.
• Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and /or Google Workspace.
• Demonstrable experience and a tangible interest in communications is a must.
Superpowers that we are looking for
Experience and/or demonstrable skills in writing clear, compelling, and grammatically correct and accessible content about purpose-driven entrepreneurship and regenerative food and agriculture.
In every new team member, we look for a strong alignment on values and shared vision.
• You are able to demonstrate how you embody Rootical’s values and share the vision of how our future food systems should look like.
• You are always thinking of creative solutions to challenges.
• You are able to tackle projects without much guidance.
• You don’t fear trying something new and experimenting.
• You are not easily overwhelmed.
• You believe in the power of entrepreneurship to solve some of the greatest challenges that we face and will jump for an opportunity to play a small part in a grand journey as we seek to make our food systems fairer and more regenerative.
This is a 3-6 month internship with an ideal start date of March 4th, 2024.
This internship will be based at the Rootical office at SHONA, Canon Road, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda with flexibility to work from home on some days.
This internship offers a stipend reimbursement per month based on full-time working hours (40 hours per week).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Rootical team! We look forward to reading your application.
Step 1: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Rootical Comms Intern”. Please attach the following 3 documents to the email:
1. Your CV with a LinkedIn profile and twitter (X) handle.
2. A document with answers to these questions.
1. Why are you interested in this specific position? What makes you a great fit for this role? (max. 300 words)
2. Why Rootical? Why do you want to support us as a regenerative agri-food start-up studio to communicate better? (max. 300 words)
3. The LinkedIn post attached here was shared after the Rootical pitching day event. How would you improve and create a better post for the Rootical audience?
3. A document listing two references that know you well and can give insight into your ability to do this job. Please include their name, phone number, email, and your relation to them.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.