Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 31 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 25 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is an indigenous medical organization that was established in 1991 as a limited liability not-for-profit Joint-venture between the Uganda Ministry of Health (MoH), Ministry of Defense and Makerere University Medical School (now Makerere University College of Health Sciences). JCRC is located on plot 101 Lubowa Hill Off Entebbe Road P.O. Box 10005 Kampala.
Joint Clinical Research Centre seeks dynamic, motivated and innovative candidates for the position of sample transporter in the USAID LPHS Kigezi & Lango Activity based in Kigezi.
Back ground about the JCRC USAID/LPHS- Kigezi & Lango:
The Joint Clinical Research Center (JCRC) is implementing USAID Local Partner Health Services -Kigezi and Lango Activity (LHPS) a five-year Project (2020-2025) funded by PEPFAR through USAID that aims to increase availability, accessibility and utilization of quality integrated HIV/TB services in Kigezi Sub- region in South Western Uganda. This will be by reaching and sustaining the HIV epidemic control through attaining and sustaining the 95:95:95 UNAIDS target in the 6 districts of Kigezi sub region.
• Transportation of samples, results and lab supplies between health facilities and testing Hubs in Supported Districts
Job Title: Sample Transporter
Department: Health Systems Strengthening
Reports to: Transport and Logistics Officer Directly Supervises: None
Location: 2Kanungu HC IV Kanungu district, 2 Nyakibare Hospital in Rukungiri district and 2 in Kisoro Hospital in Kisoro district
The Sample Transporter reports to the Hub Coordinator for administrative and the day to day supervision and to the Transport and Logistic officer (LPHSK) for asset (Motorcycle) management. The LPHSK Laboratory Advisor will provide the technical supervision for Sample Transporters
Job Qualification/ Requirement:
• Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or it’s equivalent from a recognized school/institution.
• Should have a valid riding permit with class A
• Riding experience of at least 3 years
• Defensive riding certificate is an added advantage
• Certificate-level training in laboratory techniques will be an added advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Adequately utilise the hub system by ensuring that scheduled daily and weekly visits are made to the hubs, Point of care testing sites, Post office
• Collect samples from the facilities and promptly deliver them to the Hub Laboratory or Point of care testing sites for testing.
• Ensure prompt Pickup and delivery of results from the point of care testing sites and the Hub laboratory to spokes sites supported within the different catchment areasthe hub laboratory daily to pick up and/or deliver results to respective facilities.
• Ensure adherence to standard guidelines on safety and sample transportation while performing tasks i.e.; Use of standard PPEs.
• Maintain safety and security of the patient samples
• Maintain utmost confidentiality and impartiality while performing the task of patient results, samples and any other information related during the transportation of results to spokes sites and the Hubs/ POC sites respectively
• Timely response and availability at the required facility whenever called upon to offer support.
• Follow guidelines on Hub/POC sites sample and result documentation and ensure that this is done timely and accurately as a means of proper accountability.
• Maintain comprehensive records of samples collected, results picked and delivered, bike maintenance/repairs, and daily movements made.
• Keep proper records or inventory of all equipment: Motor bikes, phones that may be in the rider’s custody
• Ensure that timely servicing and Repair of the motorbikes is done through making timely reports on the status of the motorbikes and performance of timely and prompt maintenance
• Ensure security and safety of the motorbike during the sample transportation process.
• Ensure use of the motorbike in a road worthy condition and the rider shall have full licensing and Permit to ride as guided by traffic and road safety Act.
• Work with the hub coordinator and DLFPs to ensure the timely distribution of External Quality Assessment (EQA) samples and feedback results to the spokes sites and POC sites.
• Support in the distribution of commodities including but not limited to drugs, testing kits, stationery, facility periodic reports.
• Prepare and submit weekly reports to the hub coordinator.
• Perform Electronic and manual tracking of samples
• Document and report any incidences and occurrences that may occur during sample and result transportation first to the Hub coordinator and the LPHS-Kigezi technical teams for guidance and management of the incidence
• Any other duties reasonably assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to The Manager Human Resource & Development Joint Clinical Research Centre via email@example.com Applicants are STRICTLY advised to apply with a cover letter and CV combined in one PDF document not exceeding six pages.
Deadline: 31st May, 2023
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification. The public is further strongly advised to be vigilant about fraudsters masquerading to be recruiting on JCRC’s behalf using Whatsapp and other unofficial means of communication.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.