Senior Lecturer (Computing) (1)
Jobs at:Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, November 27 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Christian University (UCU), a private institution founded in 1997 by the Province of the Church of Uganda, is dedicated through teaching, scholarship, service, spiritual formation, student development and social involvement, to the preparation of students for thoughtful, productive lives of Christian faith and service in their respective professions.
Typical duties include:
• Planning Teaching, Including Lectures, Seminars/Tutorials And Learning Materials.
• Meeting Students Individually To Discuss Progress.
• Checking And Assessing Students' Work.
• Pursuing Research.
• Interviewing Potential Students.
• Deliver Lectures, Seminars, Workshops And Other Teaching Functions.
• Perform A Broad Range Of Administrative Duties.
• Interview Course Applicants And Orientate Successful Students.
• Write Research Proposals, Papers And Attend Conferences.
Qualifications and Education
• Post Graduate Degrees:
• To become an expert in the field, you will continue your education and likely need to earn at least your master's degree in Education or the subject you want to teach.
• But the learning won't stop there.
• To be hired by a university, you will likely need a PhD as well.
• Applicants who hold Third Class Bachelors Degree plus PhD Degree are eligible for appointment to the position of Lecturer.
• This is because PhD qualification is an indicator of academic maturity.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
1. Send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references (Academic, Pastoral & Leadership).
2. Two (2) copies of CERTIFIED academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
3. Applications sent online should have all the attachments as ONE PDF document otherwise they will not be considered.
4. For online applications, please use the link: https://alpha.ucu.ac.ug/mis/jobs
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4, Mukono
OR Email to email@example.com
All the attachments should be in ONE PDF document.
Deadline: 5:00pm Monday, 27th November 2023 Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.