Senior Planning and Development Engineer
Jobs at:Total Energies
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, December 01 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Qualifications & Experience:
• Master’s in engineering with multi-disciplinary experience in Oil & Gas industry (holding an MBA or a Corporate Finance diploma would be a plus).
• Minimum 10 years in the upstream sector, including several years in technical positions related to at least 2 different technical domains (such as field operations, engineering, project, geoscience, drilling, or HSE) and previous responsibilities with head offices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Share technical knowledge and experience feedback to increase team members’ technical autonomy.
• Share key finance / economics knowledge to increase members’ finance awareness related to Energy investment.
• Coach and mentor up to 2 junior positions.
• Act as a transverse team leader for development study and patrimonial process coordination.
• Lead the Long-Term Plan of the subsidiary through its entire process: preparation with the Company’s entities (technical and cost inputs), consolidation with the economist, and reporting/presentation to HQ.
• Lead the preparation of the annual Work Program & Budget, and more specifically be the interface with the technical teams for the preparation, consolidation, and reporting/presentation.
• Lead the consolidation of the Integrated Operations Planning within the Company and ensure the process, governance and tools are in place to facilitate management meetings and definition of action plans.
• Participate in the annual reserves exercise (Prime) by providing costs and schedule assumptions.
Coordinate petroleum architecture / development studies (screening, concept, pre-project) performed within the subsidiary or by HQ.
• Be responsible for the preparation and the update of Field Development Plans.
• Support the economics evaluation of prospects (exploration or upsides within Production Licenses).
• Prepare decision support package and participate in quality reviews and any other Committees to sanction new developments.
• Define the Master Development Plan beyond Tilenga Water Floor FID case (sequence of infills, polymer flood EOR, and tie-back developments) to increase plateau duration.
• Lead the follow-up of the power requirements of the integrated upstream / midstream assets, and associated technical interfaces.
• Be the subsidiary focal point for Carbon Footprint Reduction and define the roadmap to reduce GHG emissions.
• Support commercial agreements negotiations (LPG, Common Development Allocation Agreement, PPA & Electricity Tariff.
• Support Joint Ventures and Finance teams in the annual Work Program & Budget process with Partners and Authorities.
• Supervise the technical follow-up of Operated-By-Other Asset, through technical reviews and budget monitoring.
• Deliver business insights through market analyses to support commercial activities.
• Use analytics to develop benchmarks and support subsidiary’s performance improvements.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be sent to the TotalEnergies EP Uganda careers website at https://careers.totalenergies.com.
ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON THE STATED WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Deadline is 1st December 2023
Short listing begins immediately, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
"Candidates applying for the advertised positions will be selected on merit. Any form of canvassing is strictly prohibited."
"Female candidates & persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply"
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.