Senior Zone Manager – Gulu, Uganda – ICYD Activity
Jobs at:Education Development Center
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Senior Zone Manager will be based in Gulu zonal office and will oversee all zonal level staff, supervise project activities in the zone, and liaise with technical and operational teams in the Kampala office, including ICYD’s small grants program and project partners to ensure activities at the zonal level are delivered on time and with high quality. S/he will oversee and be responsible for the effective implementation of all technical components of the project at the zonal level including workplan activity implementation, finance, human resources, and operational support. S/he will be responsible for establishing and maintaining effective relationships and coordination with district-level government officials and partners to the ICYD program, as well as elected officials at all levels within the district. S/he will also establish and maintain close working relationships with other relevant stakeholders in the district including other implementing partners, civil society organizations (CSOs), faith‐based organizations (FBOs) and the private sector. The Senior Zone Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party for Programs. This is a full-time position based in Gulu, Uganda.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
• Represent the ICYD Activity in the zone, including establishing and maintaining close working relationship with relevant district government and elected counterparts and other stakeholders.
• Convene quarterly review and reflection and planning meetings and other activities, as needed.
• Provide overall management, support, and supervision to the zonal staff team.
• Work closely with other ICYD teams in technical, administration/finance/budgeting/operations and ME&L to ensure effective, smooth, and timely activity implementation at zone, district, community, and school levels.
• Ensure compliance, quality assurance, coordination, and integration of all ICYD interventions and activities at the zonal level.
• Conduct regular meetings with zonal staff.
• Lead in problem-solving/troubleshooting program delivery issues at zonal level as they arise, in close coordination with staff and partners.
• Contribute to the design and/or completion of technical activities by serving as a resource person, workshop facilitator, technical writer, or lead documenter (as may be assigned).
• Provide timely inputs to periodic project reports, and outreach and communications activities, as appropriate.
• Actively participate in Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project.
• Provide regular and timely updates on the status of work plan implementation, identify potential issues, and recommend relevant actions to Senior Leadership team in local head office.
• Assist the Communication Specialist in ensuring compliance to the USAID marking and branding.
• Fully comply with all EDC policies and procedures.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Please Note: Priority in hiring will be given to individuals from the region as understanding of the region is important to success of the role.
The Senior Zone Manager shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
• Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in education, health, public policy, management, or related field.
• A minimum of 7 years’ professional experience in development projects preferably implementing health, HIV, and/or education activities.
• A minimum of 4 years’ demonstrated experience managing education and/or HIV or OVC programs is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national and zonal levels.
• Knowledge of/experience with USAID-funded projects.
• Experience in financial management, including budget development and monitoring.
• Demonstrated capacity to effectively manage, supervise and monitor teams.
• Excellent people skills at all levels, ability to work well under pressure, negotiate diplomatically, and the ability to work well in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary work environment.
• Solid MS Word and MS Excel skills; and effective presentation and reporting skills.
• Ability to travel throughout the districts of the assigned zone.
• Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions.
• Fluency in English is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.