Shelter Depot Coordinator
Jobs at:Alight Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Program Development and Implementation
• Serve as team leader for all ground staff working on the Shelter Depot project, overseeing daily activities, work schedules, and project assignments of direct reports.
• Work closely with Every Shelter and Alight leadership in the development of implementation timetables, work plans, and strategies that will take Shelter Depot from a concept to reality.
• Ensure that programming remains within budget.
• Retail storefront management:
• Work with the team to appropriately price inventory items in the storefront.
• Create an inventory management system with careful data collection of which products are in highest demand.
• Coordinate procurement and logistics for re-stocking inventory within the available budget.
• Financial management: development of procurement and financial trackers for management of the payment system and of cash flow in coordination with the finance team.
Work for credit:
• Develop the framework for the work-for-credit programming, in partnership with HYT and other NGO partners.
• Develop and implement the selection criteria for work-for-credit programming.
• Develop a voucher system for allocation of days/hours worked for inventory items in the storefront.
• Ensure that Age, Gender and Diversity approaches are incorporated in the project implementation.
• Ensure that protection and gender mainstreaming is upheld during the project implementation.
• Drafting and compilation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and end of project reports.
• Lead key project assessments, data analysis, and data protection, to ensure project success.
• Accountable to ensure all programming is conducted in a safe and secure manner.
• Effectively manage several direct reporting employees.
• Lead the team that will implement the work plan, keeping everyone focused and on task to work efficiently and strategically.
• Ensure everyone involved in the project clearly understands their role and participates to the best of their ability.
• Develop a culture of curiosity, innovation, and a “can do” attitude amongst all staff working at the Shelter Depot.
• Communication with Every Shelter leadership
• Ensure Every Shelter leadership are fully briefed on all Shelter Depot program developments and have ample opportunity to input and guide program development.This will include regular progress reports to Every Shelter leadership, weekly evening Zoom calls with Every Shelter US staff, and regular photo and video updates.
Communication with Alight
• Serve as a reliable bridge of communication between Every Shelter and Alight. Ensure that each organization’s guidance, preferences, and strategy are clearly communicated to one another and incorporated in the project.
• Represent the branding and PR interests of Every Shelter.
Communication with NGO partners
• Serve as a focal point for development of partnerships that are part of the work-for-credit aspect of programming (ie HYT).
• Clearly communicate Shelter Depot programmatic goals to partners and navigate the path forward for joint programming.
Communication with OPM, UNHCR, and other governing bodies in the settlement
• Carefully and strategically engage with OPM, UNHCR, and other partners in the region to advance the interests of Shelter Depot and Every Shelter with the understanding that we are operating under the banner of Alight for this project as Every Shelter is not yet registered in Uganda.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (ie Business, Commerce, Economics, Community Development). Master’s Degree in related fields preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience working with INGOs or humanitarian organizations in a refugee camp or settlement setting. Experience working with South Sudanese refugees will be an added advantage.
• Must be fluent in English (written and spoken). Fluency in local languages used in/nearby Bidibidi Settlement is helpful but not required.
• Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite.
• Experience working with OPM, UNHCR and other partners.
• An entrepreneurial mindset.
• Extremely self-motivated and able to stay on task with remote supervision.
• An activator who excels at taking an abstract idea and bringing it to reality.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• A team player who can work well with others and lead by example.
• Strong understanding of both humanitarian response and social impact business development.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Willingness to travel as needed and to live near the settlement.
• Willingness to put in “sweat equity” to get involved in physical tasks as needed.
• Ability to walk, squat, lift heavy objects, and tolerate the conditions associated with long days (inside and outside) at the Shelter Depot site.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.