Social Enterprise Development Coordinator
Jobs at:Young African Refugees For Integral Development (YARID)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, February 14 2024
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 06 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Young African Refugees for Integral Development (YARID) is a registered NGO based in Kampala, founded in 2007 by young Congolese refugees living in Uganda.
The mission of YARID is to empower refugees, orphans and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) around Africa to overcome the burdens of deprivation and vulnerability to become healthy, educated, self-sustaining and contributing members of society.
YARID unites urban refugees through avenues like sports, English classes, and vocational skills training in order to address social issues like ethnic conflicts, unemployment, public health, and lack of access to education. Refugees that YARID serves mainly come from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda Burundi, South Sudan, Eritrea, Somalia and Ethiopia.
Employee Category: Full-time (35-40 hours/week)
Reporting Line: Women Empowerment and Livelihood Manager
Deadline: 14th February 2024 at 5:00 PM
As the Social Enterprise Development Coordinator, you will devise and implement a program of place based and product led growth support for social enterprises and business activities through liaison with key partners and support providers, in order to produce either a bespoke and /or generic programme of activity at each center.
The project coordinator will identify project challenges and resolve issues alongside field staff and contribute to the sustainable development of the project.
• Delivery of support for social enterprises and business centres including: asset transfer and management, crowd funds and other investment opportunities and support programmes, sustainability, design and environmental support and advice, organisational support for managed and co-working space including business incubator and associated support facilities and services.
• Deliver packages of specialist enterprise support for social enterprises and those business centres activity encouraging and housing social businesses.
• Signpost projects to generalist business, economic development and social enterprise support and specialist equality and equity support organisations.
• Support community-based ICT facilities to remove the digital divide and tackle social and economic exclusion.
• Coordinate a program of enterprise support within disadvantaged communities that YARID serves.
• Liaise with Growth Hub programs and other business support programs to produce a program of activity designed to accelerate business growth and development.
• Build local networks including clusters of expertise.
• Lead the development of all networking events during the lifespan of the project.
• Provide support and develop online social networks.
• Support business and knowledge exchanges and sharing of practice expertise and experience through the wider sector.
• Provide quality regular monitoring and evaluation information as required.
• General administration including utilising new technology in support of the work programme.
• To work within the organization's policy framework, paying particular attention to promoting equal opportunities, a health and safety culture, and good employee relations.
• Work closely with other members of the program on shared activities, conferences, events, meetings, mailings, etc.
• Prepare suitable reports, briefing notes, presentations, and promotional materials as required.
• Monitor program activities in Kampala, to ensure efficient use of resources (staff time, materials, partner relationships, etc.).
• Contribute to collaborative decision-making on program design and implementation
• Develop sustainability of the project.
• Enforce staff to collect data and evaluations.
• Write monthly and annual reports analyzing evaluation and data outcomes.
• Submit monthly reports to the Program Manager every 2nd of the month.
• Develop training for data collectors, field staff, and trainers.
• Facilitate weekly or monthly meetings as needed.
• Carry out any research as needed.
• Writing grant proposals.
• A graduate or postgraduate qualification or equivalent.
• A minimum of 3 years of working experience in a similar position in social enterprise development or related field.
• Experience in skilling sectors and with refugees is considered an added advantage.
• Strong understanding and working experience with social enterprises, communities, neighborhood organizations, and charities.
• Excellent visual communication skills and proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Knowledge of website design, content management, blogging, and social media marketing.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated – able to work independently and support projects.
• Good time management skills.
• Excellent understanding of the built environment and sustainability.
• Experience of working with social businesses and community enterprises.
Equality and Diversity
YARID Service is committed to the fair treatment of all people, regardless of their gender, race, colour, ethnicity, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, disability, mental health needs, age, domestic circumstances, social class, sexuality, beliefs, political allegiance or trades union membership.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
In accordance with YARID Safeguarding policies. YARID Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Adults. All staff working with these groups are expected to share a commitment to this. You will be expected to promptly report any concerns relating to the safeguarding, sexual harassment of children, young people and / or adults in accordance with agreed policy and procedures. If your own conduct in relation to the safeguarding of children, young people or adults gives cause for concern the YARID agreed Public Protection Procedures will be followed, alongside implementation of the Disciplinary Procedure where appropriate.
A background check will be conducted to assess compliance with safeguarding policies.
All our services are free, DO NOT pay anybody and be coursed into abuse of safeguarding policies for a job placement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application before the 14th of February 2024. Please note that there will be a rolling review of applications, so we encourage early application. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Send your CV, application letter, LC1 letter, ID, and academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Enterprise Development Coordinator” in the email subject line.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.