Technical Advisor, Child and Adolescent Health
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, November 28 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology-creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is seeking for an experienced Technical Advisor for Child and Adolescent Health for the Jinja Regional Office for USAID Uganda Health Activity (UHA) to which FHI 360 is a consortium partner. The holder of the position will provide technical assistance to various districts that UHA works with in the Busoga region to improve access to and use of quality child and adolescent health services. Reporting to the project's Senior Technical Advisor for Integrated Health Service Delivery, the position holder will provide technical oversight and direction to UHA-supported child and adolescent health activities in focus districts at district, facility, and community levels.
Activity Management (~50%)
• Design an assessment of human resources and health information systems in HCMC ahead of the potential design of a system to improve prevention, detection, and response to emerging health threats.
• Facilitate relationships and coordinate stakeholders including USAID and local government authorities.
• Build relationships with organizations with synergistic aims.
• Source and oversee technical consultants and coordinate existing technical staff.
• Ensure project deliverables are on-time and on-budget and lead reporting (written and oral).
• Represent the project in stakeholder meetings and contribute to business development efforts.
Technical Oversight (~50%)
• Provide technical guidance to partners within established areas of technical expertise.
• Keep abreast of new developments and emerging issues that affect GHS and HIS via literature review, conference/meeting attendance, as well as participation and facilitation at workshops, and training events.
• Review implication of government policies related to GHS and HIS to all initiatives.
• Identify gaps in technical knowledge among existing staff and consultants and identify ways to fill gaps.
• Understand and leverage available tools, trainings, and human resources including existing staff, local experts, and FHI 360’s global experts.
• Develop summary reports, manuscripts, presentations, and other knowledge products.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and abilities for the position:
• Bachelors’ Degree or its international equivalent in project management, public health, medicine, health information systems, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• A minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience working on of public health projects. 5+ experience in management or implementation of GHS/HIS related area is an advantage.
• Exceptional skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Technical expertise in animal health, human health/medicine, health information systems, etc.
• Experience with USAID or other international donor-funded projects.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
• Ability to travel as necessary.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should access a detailed job description and submit their applications on: https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal not later than 28th November 2023. FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.