Technical Programme Officer WASH
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
18 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following roles.
Position: Technical Programme Officer WASH (Re - Advertised)
Report to: Regional Programme Manager
Location: Gulu District
Advert Start Date: 12th August 2022
Advert End Date: 18th August 2022
Contribute to attainment of World Vision Uganda’s (WVU) child wellbeing targets in designated clusters through planning, monitoring and implementing the WASH programme in line with applicable technical approaches and WVU national strategy. Oversee roll out of best practices and behavioural change models in a manner that promotes mindset/human behavioural change, ownership and sustainability. The role supports different Area Programs in a specific region to implement WASH Program on budget, target, quality and with compliance to World Vision standards.
Support effective Project Planning and implementation through:
• WASH Technical guidance and support to the Area Programs in planning, budgeting and implementation process to ensure alignment to the WVU strategy and the Our Promise.
• Technical support to core project model fidelity implementation-CLTS+, PHAST, CHAST, WASH fit.
• Capacity building of Project Officers in WASH, Health and Education for effective implementation of WASH program in target communities and institutions in a bid to attain suitable child wellbeing out comes.
• Oversee see the implementation of WASH activities across the region ensuring that the most vulnerable children and caregivers are particularly targeted with WASH Program interventions and reported on.
• Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in Resilience &Livelihood projects.
• Ensure operational integration with other WV sectors in intervention areas such as Health, education and child protection.
• Work with Area Programme Coordinators to ensure Registered Children and their households are participating and benefiting from WASH programme interventions.
Technical Support and Training
• Identify local level capacity needs and support capacity building activities for WVU staff and partners to improve the quality of WASH programming.
• Participate in development /adaption of training curriculum/manuals for implementation in the programme area.
• Mobilization and conducting trainings to build capacities of staff and partners on WASH models
• Provide mentorship and coaching to staff and community structures in WASH programming.
Partnership and Networking
• Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders involved in WASH at District level
• Participate and represent WVU in key donor engagements and technical working forums at district, region and National level when applicable
• Point of contact concerning WASH technical issues to do with APs in the clusters and district engagements.
• Identify opportunities for strategic collaboration and funding locally within Districts
• Work closely with District line departments, District Water Office, Office of DHO, DEO, the Uganda Water and Sanitation Network (UWASNET) and the Ministry of Water and Environment Regional Coordination Centres for joint implementation, monitoring and local level advocacy.
Research, Documentation and Evidence building
• Effectively document all information related to project successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms for scaling.
• Responsible for capturing child well-being indicators related to WASH projects in the region.
• Ensure identification of research areas, conduct research and document key learning
• Conduct barrier analysis for different behaviours and design for behavioural change.
• Conduct information needs assessments in relation to access and utilization of basic water, sanitation and hygiene services, water quality, gender and social inclusion in WASH and model fidelity.
• Spear head the Cluster WASH output & outcome monitoring processes
• Support processes of project baselines and evaluation of WASH projects and interventions.
Project management, Coordination and Reporting
• Lead regional WASH staff learning/ reflection on WASH
• Compile and submit timely, accurate, compliant and quality monthly, biannual and annual reports to the Regional Programmes Manager, WASH Programme Manager and share key learnings and best practices with stakeholders.
• Play an oversight role in ensuring that all audit reports for WASH PNS show acceptable rating and 100% of the Audit Recommendations responded to within 90 days in APs under the support of TPO
• Participant in Cluster management meetings and reflection forums
• Support implementation of grants and PNs in area of operation
• Identify and initiate viable funding proposals for resource acquisition to support WASH programme interventions.
• Participate in resource mobilization through concept papers/proposal writing for fund raising and market them with support offices and other donors
• Participate in staff recruitment, staff orientation, on job mentorship and coaching of staff for performance improvement and maintenance
• Conduct staff performance target settings, reviews and appraisal.
• Systematic delegation of tasks.
• Performance meetings done with staffs.
• Reviews and annual appraisal of line managed staff against conducted
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• A degree in Environmental Health Science, Public Health or related disciplines from a recognized University.
• Registration with allied health professional’s council is added advantage
• Five years’ experience implementing WASH program with three at supervisory role
• Strong knowledge about CLTS+, CHAST, PHAST, WASH Fit, Designing for Behavioural Change and Sanitation Marketing models is a MUST.
• Knowledge of PRA methods and willingness to live in the rural communities in the project areas
• Good computer skills and ability to write technical reports and impact/success stories.
• Good Training facilitation and coordination skills
• Experience in development of proposals/concept papers for fund raising
• Excellent research, monitoring and evaluation skills
• Must possess good communication skills and be courteous in working with communities.
• Must be fluent in applicable local Languages and English.
• Experience in proposal writing and lobbying.
• Must be able to ride a motor cycle with a clean riders’ license, class A
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.