Jobs at:Truenorth Africa
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, February 14 2024
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 06 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Treasurer
Reports To: Financial Controller
Context And Environment
• Shareholders Agreement completion by year-end 2021
• Transition from TEAM BV to EACOP Ltd at SHA completion
• Implementation of a brand new dedicated ERP for EACOP Ltd (Finance and HR)
Missions / Job Dimensions
• The Treasurer is based in Kampala.
• 500 invoices and expense claims monthly expected, bank accounts in 4 currencies (UGX, TZS, USD, GBP) in estimated 5 banks.
• EACOP Ltd is a UK company, with two branches (UG & TZ) and has 4 shareholders, TotalEnergies, UNOC, TPDC and UNOC. It is to build and operate a 1442 km oil pipeline from Hoima (UG) to Tanga (TZ).
• In charge of day-to-day Treasury functions: Financial Debt, Bank accounts and Forex management (including treasury forecast,payments), preparing cash calls sent to Shareholders/Lenders.
• Compare daily the bank balances and the Cash Analysis Excel file to ensure correctness
• Plan and prepare payment proposals in ERP with respective bank accounts
• Schedule all interbank transfers and negotiate FX deals
• Interface with UK head office for equity and external debt financing
• Ensure timely settlement of payments
• Update the Cash Analysis Excel file every time payments (in and out) are booked
• Stamp and file paid invoices
• Avoid daily negative balance on local and foreign bank accounts
• Carry out the midmonth bank reconciliations.
• Liaise with the banks to resolve promptly any issue related to accounts and/or payments
• Prepare the monthly Treasury forecast, and reconcile it with the actual end of month balance
• Prepare the cash calls sent to Shareholders and Lenders
• Assist the Chief Accountant during external audits (statutory and financial, fiscal, shareholders, national authorities)
• Participate in the Implementation of EACOP’s new ERP
• Timely payment of vendor invoices & expense claims
• Efficient cash management
• Master degree in Finance – ACCA Level 2
• Minimum 10 year experience in Treasury and Accounting, ideally in Oil & Gas in in the Banking sector, with international exposure
• Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP, Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong technical skills in treasury, accounting and ERP systems.
• Analytical mind, focus on processes, attention for details.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; team spirit; ability to cope with pressure and deadlines.
• Excellent level in English (spoken & written)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
You can apply by submitting your CV to email@example.com , include your area of residence within you application.
All application documents Must be in either PDF or MS. Word.
NOTE: The qualified applicants will be kept in the database for selection as and when needed
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.