Data Manager and Biostatistician
Jobs at:CURE Children‘s Hospital of Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, July 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CURE Children‘s Hospital of Uganda, a Private-Not-For-Proﬁt [PNFP), Christian hospital specialized in pediatric neurosurgery and integrated spiritual ministry is seeking an experienced individual tor the position of a Data Manager and Biostatistician .
Job description for the position is available upon request.
• A Master’s degree in statistics [post-graduate qualiﬁcations in epidemiology: mathematics or data science equivalent data-related ﬁeld with a strong statistical analysis component will be considered);
• Practical experience as an applied medical statistician in the design and analysis of clinical trials
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills and a good understanding of data and statistical issues in research
• Proﬁciency in the use of databases such as Microsoft Access, SQL, Epi-Info and statistical programming and analysis skills using STATA, SPSS, Ft or equivalent statistical analysis software
• Experience working with specialized GCF‘ compliant database management software such as REDCap, Open Clinical, ODK, among others
• Strong computer skills including proﬁciency with Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent attention to detail, very good written and spoken English
• Must uphold professional integrity.
• Record of scientiﬁc publications in peer-reviewed journals is an added advantage
• Knowledge or experience of epidemiology and public health projects is an added advantage
• Analytical and critical Thinking, Proactive, Self-driven and Results oriented
• Thoroughness and Excellence
• Flexible attitude to duties and to hours of work with ability to remain calm under pressure, highly organized and meticulous.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English required. Fluency in the predominant local language (s) also an added advantage.
Job Education: Master’s degree
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager, P.0. Box 903, Mbale or e-mail to email@example.com or Hand deliver to Plot 97-103 Bugwere road. Further information may be obtained by calling 045-4435273.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5:00pm, July 20, 2020. This position is based in Mbale.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualiﬁcation.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.