Jobs at:Bidco Uganda Limited ( BUL )
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, 14th June 2019
Date Posted: 27th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Bidco Uganda Limited (BUL) is an FMCG company that has established a modern edible oil processing complex in Masese, Jinja. BUL has also developed 10,000 hectares of oil palm plantations on Bugala Island, Kalangala as a backward integration component. All these are geared at serving the African markets with our brands of fortified edible oils, fats and laundry soap.
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual to fill the following vacancy.
Position EHS Officer
Duty Station: Kalangala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of EHS
Role Summary: The Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Officer will be responsible for adherence to National Regulations/ Acts and promoting good practices in accordance to Environment, Health and Safety. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Draft, implement and maintain policies and guidelines on Environment, Health and Safety.
• Develop, implement, administer and maintain EHS protocol on use of PPEs and adherence to safety and health related programs.
• Review and update the corporate EHS management system manual and monitor its implementation
• Prepare and implement the EHS training plan in coordination with the Human Resource Department.
• Formulate corporate short term and long term EHS objectives and plans.
• Carry out accident and incident investigations and submit relevant reports.
• Promote EHS plans, monitor, evaluate and report performance against plan.
• Maintain auditing expertise and ensure execution of monthly/ quarterly audit programs
• Maintain contacts with external parties regarding environment, Health and Safety, including government institutions.
• Provide advice on Environment, Health and safety to line departments.
• Adhere to the health and safety and QMS guidelinesbat all times.
• Conipile EHS data and report all incidents / accidents to accurately and within specified time frame.
• Participant in implementing the corporate EHS strategy and objectives.
• Provide expert advice on EHS matters to management
Qualifications, Skiils and Experience:
• The ideal candidate must be a holder of a Bachelor's Degree Environmental Management, Engineering or industrial chemistry.
• Possession of Environmental Management Certification are added advantage
• Good organizational, planning and presentation skills.
• Good understanding of occupational health and
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree Environmental Management
Job Experience Requirements: 1 Year
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who meet the above specifications should send their application & CV to;
The Head of Human Resources NOT later than Friday, 14th June 2019 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please caption on Subject line with the name of the position being applied for. Bidco is an equal opportunity Employer and does not solicit for money from Job applicants, Jobs are strictly awarded on merit