Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2021
Date Posted: Friday, April 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organization committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
This role is primarily responsible to provide technical oversight and supervision and ensure quality assurance to Plan International Uganda’s construction works to ensure that they are performed within the policies of Plan Inc., and the relevant standards, laws and regulations. The incumbent shall provide technical support to all engineering related work to ensure that the processes are followed for quality and timely results. .
Dimensions of the Role
• Provides Management with the necessary information/data to efficiently and effectively take decisions to deliver on engineering work.
• Responsible to ensure all operational aspects follow and meet all global, country and statutory policies, guidelines.
• Ensure timely development and submission of project BoQs
• Supervise and monitor the technical aspects of construction, with strong focus on safety, ensuring quality implementation of the projects in line with the standards in the Building Bills of Quantities
• Train and guide the field team members on daily monitoring of constructions.
• Support the procurement process of contractors in line with Plan procurement guidelines
• Liaison with key stakeholders such as District Engineers in respect to the construction works,
• Institute processes and mechanisms for inspection and supervision of contractors’ works up to completion including the Defects Liability Period
• Represent Plan International Uganda at the kick-off of major constructions and during routine and non-routine meetings with contractors,
• Develop designs for different infrastructural projects including school constructions, latrines, health units, boreholes, in conformity to the specifications and the contract,
• Ensure quality and professional workmanship is done by the contractor, according to best building practices and the employer’s approval. Conduct verification/ assessment of school infrastructure needs in the districts
• Institute and execute mechanisms for supervision and monitoring of construction during the execution of construction/ civil works.
• Assess quality of work and thereby approve each critical stage of construction work.
• Supervise contractors compliance with the Social Environment Action Plan (SEAP) as provided in the Construction Contract
• Provide cost control, valuing and certification of works, including preparation of a detailed payment certificate, and recommendation of contractors payment
• Prepare final inspection, formal takeover, and certificate of completion to the contractor
• Prepare inception, monthly progress, and draft/ final completion reports.
• Follow up of any issues that may arise during the defects liability period.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent Computer Knowledge especially Engineering software (Autocad, Archicad ,Structural design software)
• Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft applications like excel, word, power point.
• ; Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
• Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing environment.
• Ability to communicate and negotiation at different levels and effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues with diverse experiences
• A high level of integrity
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and public speaking
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Uses the potential of varied cultures to reach solutions;
• Forms good relationships quickly with wide range of people, including those in positions of power and who have different views/ interests;
• Represents Plan effectively in external stakeholder organizations;
• Understands external and internal politics and able to navigate these;
• Effective negotiator in complex situations;
• Assertive without being aggressive.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
• A University degree in Civil Engineering/ Quantity Surveying
• A minimum of three years post qualification experience.
• At least three years’ experience working areas in the Humanitarian development field
• Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in development of bills of quantities for various infrastructure development.
• Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in management of big and multiple construction projects.
• Excellent skills in risk management and demonstrated ability of managing audits.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Applicants please visit: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Adjumani-Field-Engineer/666218801/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.