- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Uganda since 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees living in the north. Over the years, CRS has expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central and eastern Uganda. CRS’ projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peacebuilding and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability. .
You will oversee, coordinate, and manage MEAL implementation and will provide MEAL technical advice and support to CDC program design and implementation issues for CRS Uganda programming in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, CDC guidelines, and industry best practices to the project team to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your MEAL advice, knowledge, and support will ensure the project team delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of this project.
• Provide technical lead for quality MEAL system design, including tools and methods, appropriate to scope, context, and technical requirements of the CDC project implemented by the CRS Uganda program team, ensuring compliance with donor and agency MEAL requirements.
• Communicate agency approach to MEAL and key findings, as appropriate, among CP colleagues and partners.
• Plan, budget, and ensure quality management practices of MEAL activities.
• Coordinate and provide technical oversight for data management practices, including for analysis of MEAL data, qualitative and quantitative, to ensure quality of data to measure programs’ impact and progress. Work with Program/Project Managers to integrate data analysis, reflection and interpretation into ongoing project activities.
• Manage and lead capacity strengthening initiatives in MEAL for staff, implementing partners and indigenous organizations (FBOs, CBOs, PNFPs) through leading development of learning strategies, conducting trainings and workshops, and coaching.
• Share MEAL learning and experiences in broader country discussions to facilitate improvements in decision-making and contribute to agency learning.
• Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
• Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
• Good technical writing skills
• Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
• Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
• Up to 30% of time
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: CDC project team members, and Senior Technical Advisors from CRS, CRS Uganda MEAL Manager.
External: Local organizations including but not limited to HIV/AIDS health facilities and FBO/CBO/PNFP implementing partners, specifically their MEAL and implementing teams.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff) These are rooted in the mission, values and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
• Master's Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, Planning, or relevant field.
• Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in MEAL with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO.
• Excellent knowledge of technical principles and concepts in MEAL.
• Experience in project design and proposal development and writing content for proposals.
• Demonstrated ability to build staff capacity
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), statistical packages, Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
• Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st, 2020 at 5:00pm.
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – MEALMANAGERCDC only
• All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED. EO
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.