Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
17 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, July 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Educate! is looking for an enthusiastic, systems-oriented, analytical individual with great interpersonal and communication skills to fill the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator position. S/he will support the Head of Performance Metrics to ensure an effective regional performance management of program implementation, lead efforts in technology applications (SurveyCTO, smartphone & Telerivet), review and development of data collection tools, Monitoring and Evaluations of program activities. Regional Data Coordination and reporting; additionally, take lead in coordination of M&E Capacity building. This position offers the unique opportunity to ensure efﬁcient and effective monitoring and use of sophisticated M&E technologies to improve program systems as well as simultaneously gain insights on scalable and innovative monitoring evaluation and technology techniques as part of a sophisticated M&E System. You'll be joining a motivated, passionate, overachieving team that is positioning Educate! to be the leader in skills-based secondary education in Africa and intensively impact millions of youth each year.
Educate! prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today's economy.
We tackle youth unemployment by reforming what schools teach and how they teach it, so that students in Africa have the skills to start businesses, get jobs and drive development in their communities. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors. Educate!'s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems.
In 2020, we're working in 175 secondary schools in Rwanda, 60 pilot schools in Kenya, and over 750 schools in Uganda reaching over 4-2,000 students intensively and 530,000 more broadly. Our model was proven to have massive impact in a randomized controlled trial. Graduates earned DOUBLE the income of a control group and had a 64% increase in business creation. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Lillian Aero who employs over 100 AIDS-affected is women.
In 2012, Educate! partnered with Uganda's government to integrate curriculum and u student business club structure into Uganda's entrepreneurship course nationally, and in 2015, we served as a technical advisor to Rwanda on its secondary education reform. Educate!'s team includes nearly 200 staff and almost 300 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Mulago, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global innovation Fund. Educate! won the 2015 WISE Awards, and was featured by Bill Gates, an Al lazeera documentary, Forbes 30 under 30, Clinton Global Initiative and The Brookings Institution as one of 14 case studies in their global scaling education learning initiative.
Educate!'s vision is to design solutions that measurably impact millions Of youth across Africa each year.
1. Monitoring & Evaluation Technology - 40%
2. Monitoring Implementation (in two regions) - 30%
3. Data Coordination & Reporting - 20%
4. Monitoring & Evaluation Capacity Building - 10%
For more details on the Job Description visit our website on www.experienceeducate.org/careers
• Salary is commensurate with experience
• Beneﬁts include Medical insurance.
• Location is in Kampala, Uganda.
Why You will Brag about working at Educate!'s
• We ve got e impact
• Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from S4 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here's the best part -— we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
• We believe in local leadership — 97% of our on the ground staff is African.
• Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!'s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting thousands more students than we can reach directly.
• Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
• We're honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Intrigued? Please visit our website on www.experienceeducate.org/careers . You will be asked to upload a resume, and respond to a few questions: Deadline for sending applications is Friday 17th July 2020.
What is Educate!
1. We're ambitious. Are you? Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We're inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey. We Put Youth First
2. We Are Always Learning
3. We Only Solve a Problem Once
4. We Are Flexible
5. We Exceed Expectations
Every person at Educate! — from interns to the executive director — is evaluated by how they live up to these ﬁve cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.
Educate is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In creating this environment. we encourage people from a variety of cultures. backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.
For more on Educate! Culture visit www.experienceeducate.org/careers#culture
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.