Jobs at:Muni University
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant positions at Muni University. Hand written or typed application letters should be submitted in triplicate to the office of the University Secretary, Muni University, P. O. Box 725, Arua, or Kampala liaison Office in Makarere University Lincoln House A2 to be received not later than 24thSeptember, 2020 at 5:00pm.
The detailed job descriptions and the person specifications for the positions advertised can be viewed on the University web-site, www.muni.ac.ug
ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
Job reference: Muni NEW ADVERT: REF/MU/ADM/39.1//2020
JOB TITLE: Network Administrator
Number of Posts (1 Post)
Salary Scale: (M6.2)
Responsible to: SYSTEM’S ADMINISTRATOR
Responsible for: Technicians
Terms of employment: Permanent and subject to six (6) months’ Probation
To effectively provide, install/configure, operate, and maintain computer system hardware and software and related ICT infrastructure at Muni University. .
• Plan, coordinate and implement the computerized and management information system of the university.
• Ensure Network uptime, performance, resources, and security are maintained without exceeding the budget.
• Acquire, install, or upgrade computer components and software.
• Automate routine tasks; write computer programs; troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
• Initiate and ensure development of University’s ICT Policy.
• Maintain database systems; computer network infrastructure; maintain computer and network security.
• Maintain web and e-mail server services.
• Train and/or supervise staff; and direct day-to-day administration and maintenance of computer systems.
• Handle any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Co-ordinate the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to ensure internet connectivity.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution.
• Should possess a professional certification in computer networks (CCNA, CCNP, Network+) and software development, database systems or computer security is an added advantage.
• Should have at least three (3) years’ experience in a similar or related field with a large organization doing similar work.
• High level of Integrity.
Job Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
MODE OF APPLICATION:
The application letter should bear the title of the post and the reference number specified against the vacancy. Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates, Academic Documents, and three recent certified passport size photographs, a typed and signed CV and any other relevant documents. Applicants for the position of a lecturer who are on a PhD truck must have defended their Doctoral Research proposals by the time of submitting the applications. (Attach evidence defense)
The application must include the applicant’s telephone contact, e-mail address and telephone numbers of three referees. An applicant should not apply for more than two posts. An applicant who shall not formally receive communication from the University on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful. For the post of Security Guard, an applicant who has served in the armed forces and has left service should attach his/her discharge letter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.