- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Uganda since 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees living in the north. Over the years, CRS has expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central and eastern Uganda. CRS’ projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peacebuilding and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability. .
You will provide leadership, ensure the quality of project deliverables and oversee all administrative, technical, financial and management aspects for the anticipated CDC funded Grant, advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. This project will also include collaboration with MoH and decentralized health facilities to improve case identification and linkages; TA to improve technical, financial and organizational capacity of FBOs, CBOs and PNFPs to address gaps in HIV and TB service delivery; TA for HIV testing/prevention services including EMTCT and MCM and TB integration; TA for HIV treatment services specifically retention and VLS; and CQI support for improved patient care (including routine reporting, implementation of HIS solutions).
You will lead and be responsible for achieving the project’s objectives and key interventions, directing the technical team and managing key relationships with government ministries, local organizations and other CDC implementing partners (IPs), to support TA and quality implementation that drives improved patient care. Your project and people management skills and technical knowledge in HIV/AIDS epidemic control will ensure the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving project impact. The PI will have overall programmatic and fiscal responsibility for the project, including attaining project results on-time and within budget, effectively communicating achievements, and ensuring compliance with USG and CRS regulations. The PI serves as the project’s primary contact for the CDC, government, and implementing partners.
The position will be based in Kampala and report directly to the CRS Uganda Head of Programming.
• Lead the planning of all project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and CDC guidelines.
• Guarantee that technical excellence is met in all project activities, including accompaniment, mentoring, monitoring & evaluation activities and deliverables.
• Oversee a team of technical, financial and program management staff for the project and ensure strong communication and collaboration with and between all team members, implementing partners, and local organizations
• Maintain an integrated vision and approach for the project in achieving the outcomes as defined in the opportunity, while maintaining overall excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and CDC.
• Provide ongoing programmatic and technical support and guidance to build the capacity of local organizations (including FBOs, CBOs, PNFPs).
• Liaise between CDC/Uganda and all other stakeholders, implementing partners government, indigenous organizations involved with the program.
• Ensure adherence and compliance of project activities, financial and grants management to CDC rules and regulations and country program management policies and practices.
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage teams effectively across cultures.
• Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
• Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners.
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
• Ability to work independently with a keen attention to detail, the ability to follow procedures, and meet deadlines.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: CDC project team members (Business Official, Project Manager, MEAL Manager)
Internal: and Senior Technical Advisors from CRS, CRS Uganda Finance Manager.
External: Government ministries; local organizations including but not limited to HIV/AIDS health facilities and FBO/CBO/PNFP implementing partners, implementing partners.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
• Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Informatics or similar degree with at least 10 years of program management experience including as a PI or Project Director, PhD preferred
• Minimum: Bachelors’ degree in international public health, biomedical science or equivalent related field with a minimum 8 years’ experience in management positions, implementing programs of similar size and scope in international health.
• Familiarity with and experience working in Uganda
• Demonstrated experience overseeing evaluation projects and leading evaluation teams
• Thorough knowledge of strategies and best practices for HIV/AIDS epidemic control
• Experience using quantitative and qualitative data analysis methods, mixed methods, and M&E practices to answer program evaluation and other questions
• Proven experience working with and building the capacity of local organizations including FBOs, CBOs, PNFPs. Capacity building with Ministries of Health (MoH) and understanding of MoH systems at national and sub-national levels a plus.
• Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures
• Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
• Computer literacy with competency in MS Word and Excel.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
• Email a cover letter and CV only to email@example.com by March 1st, 2020 at 5:00pm.
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – MEALMANAGERCDC only
• All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED. EO
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.