- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Uganda since 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees living in the north. Over the years, CRS has expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central and eastern Uganda. CRS’ projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peacebuilding and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability. .
You will coordinate, oversee, and monitor project activities and relationships with indigenous organizations (FBOs, CBOs, PNFPs) and other CDC implementing partners (IPs) to support project goals of attaining and sustaining HIV/AIDS epidemic control in 2020 and beyond, thereby advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your project management skills and technical knowledge in HIV/AIDS service delivery cascade and capacity building will ensure that CRS delivers high quality programming and continuously works towards improving project impact.
• Coordinate with CDC partners and indigenous organizations to conduct gaps analyses related to technical, financial, and organizational capacity building of FBOs, CBOs, PNFPs
• Contribute to knowledge management and learning through capturing and sharing lessons learned and best practices, and research and internal reports per CRS and CDC requirements.
• Establish and maintain relationships with MOH, peer organizations, and other institutions and participate in forums to collect and share best practices and promote project work.
• Coordinate with CDC implementing partners and other Ugandan institutions to review their current structures and systems, identify enhancements needed to improve case identification and linkages to treatment; HIV treatment services (patient retention, VLS); routine reporting, implementation and utilization of HIS and CQI for improved patient care and performance monitoring for data-driven decision making.
• Contribute to capacity strengthening initiatives related to data-driven programming by helping to develop learning/training strategies and agendas and overseeing trainings and workshops.
• Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
• Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners.
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
• Ability to work independently with a keen attention to detail, the ability to follow procedures, and meet deadlines. Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: CDC project team members (Business Official, Project Manager, MEAL Manager)
Internal: and Senior Technical Advisors from CRS, CRS Uganda Finance Manager.
External: Government ministries; local organizations including but not limited to HIV/AIDS health facilities and FBO/CBO/PNFP implementing partners, implementing partners.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in International Relations, Public Health, Public Administration or in the field of monitoring, evaluation and project management or a related field. Familiarity with social welfare fields a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant international work experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning (MEAL) in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities including: applying data collection tools, methodologies, data analysis & presentation.
• Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices. Capacity building with local organizations such as FBOs, CBOs, or PNFPs preferred.
• Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
• Computer literacy with competency in MS Word and Excel.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
• Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st, 2020 at 5:00pm.
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – MEALMANAGERCDC only
• All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED. EO
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.