Jobs at:Partners for Community Health and Development Organisation-PACHEDO
Deadline of this Job:
03 March 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Partners for Community Health and Development Organisation-PACHEDO founded in 2007 is a registered NGO in Uganda and currently operational and implements projects in 5 main sectors (Agriculture and Livelihood, Health and Nutrition, WASH and Gender Based Violence and Emergency interventions) in Northern Uganda- Acholi sub-region (Amuru, Gulu and Lamwo districts), with the Head office located in Pece Laaro Division Gulu City.
Through one of her donor BMZ- Johanniter International Assistance PACHEDO, has received funding for a 36 months’ Nutrition and WASH project to be implemented in Palabek refugee settlement and surrounding sub-counties in Lamwo district Acholi sub-region.
PACHEDO is therefore seeking to recruit dynamic, highly motivated, Qualified and Competent persons to fill the positions indicated below for the Promotion of Improved Nutrition Project.
PROTECTION AND SECURITY CLAUSE.
a) As appropriate, shall be responsible for creating, promoting and maintaining an environment that prevents sexual exploitation and sexual abuse and take appropriate measures for this purpose.
b) Implement an orientation for all staff including an understanding of the code of conduct and consequences.
OUR BELIEVES: PACHEDO's values are very important to us as an employer and they are also very important to our employees. All prospective employees should take some time to carefully consider our values and how they fit with your own personal values before attending interview with PACHEDO. And therefore seeks to employ those who believe, as we do, that vulnerable people themselves can and will play a key role in achieving long-term prosperity and who seek to deliver on those beliefs by: being experts in what we do, being creative with new and old solutions and sharing knowledge with others.
PACHEDO is an equal opportunity employer, Gender sensitiveand has policies including SHEA and a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Position: One (1)
Duty Station: Palabek, Lamwo Uganda
Reports to: Programme Director
Contract Length: One year renewable
Remuneration: Very attractive
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the financial, administrative functions and coordinating implementation of project activities. By working closely with the Health and Nutrition programme officer to ensure technical standards, guide in periodic planning, budgeting, systematic implementation, monitoring and reporting according to organizational and donor requirements. .
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Technically lead in the project implementation of the BMZ /Johanniter International Assistance Nutrition and WASH project in Lamwo Palabek refugee settlement and surrounding sub-counties /host communities.
• Ensuring timely implementation of the proposed donor activities through Nutrition and WASH project Officers and support from the stakeholders.
• Ensuring project/programme activities are implemented according to recognized international standards with appropriate monitoring and Evaluation plan.
• Ensuring appropriate Nutrition and WASH protocols and data collection tools are available for use by the project team.
• Ensuring availability and compliance with the Nutrition and health Cluster, Ministry of Health and international technical guidelines and protocols.
• Monitoring the Health Nutrition and food security situation on the ground and advice the Senior Management Team.
• Conceptualize and ensure that all project staff are fully knowledgeable with the project design, objectives and deliverables to effectively implement the set project activities and achieve the desired goal.
• Take a lead in program planning and provision of strategic direction in the organization.
• Participate in activities with relevant government offices, UN Agencies and other partners in Refugee settlements sub-county and the district leadership.
• Ensure internal and external reporting and documentation requirements are on time and accurate by maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans and activity reports.
• Provide periodic plans and reports to the Program Manager/Director.
• Ensure proper documentation of plans, reports and other important documents for future use and reference.
• Identifying funding opportunities and actively participate in fund raising arrangements with the relevant stakeholders.
• Responsible for the effective and efficient management of all assets of the organization entrusted strictly for only official work purposes in the project site.
Professional Qualification and Experience
• Nutrition or Food Science Technology Degree Preferably at Master’s in Human Nutrition or Public Health.
• Postgraduate diploma in Human resource management and Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
• Must have knowledge, experience in Nutrition and WASH, experience in Humanitarian context, Coordination with an NGO and Nutritional Assessment is desirable.
• Knowledge in Positive Deviance/Hearth and Care Group Model approaches are desirable.
• Experience in teaching /training adult learners. Training in basic household nutrition practices will be added advantage.
• Experience in the IYCF practices, principles and operations associated with WASH, Nutrition i.e. nutrition specific or sensitive.
• Willing to work and stay in Lamwo District
• A minimum of three (3) years’ practical field experience is desired with an NGO or INGO.
• Ability to manage a team exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Excellent communications skills both oral and written are desired.
• Working knowledge of implementing multi-sectoral developmental projects
• Demonstrated interpersonal and mobilization skills and proactive problem solving skills
• Ability to instruct and work with children, families, volunteers and community leaders
• Knowledge and sensitivity to gender equality, ethnic minority issues in confidential situations
• Good computer skills with MS office and proven documentation and Excellent report writing skills
• Ability to learn new concepts/ideas and willingness to work and live in a rural community environment
• A valid motor vehicle driving license/permit, including the ability to ride/drive and to access target communities and care for a motorcycle/vehicle assigned.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: Three (3) years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV (max 3 pages)containing contact details including active telephone numbers of three reference persons of which two must be professional referees, that includes your supervisor of the most recent/previous employer,and a one-page motivation letter, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, to the following by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com please Indicate clearly on the application subject line the position applied for not later than wednesday 3rd March 2021 by 5:00pm .
Applications must be addressed to;
The Human Resources Director,
PACHEDO P.O Box 692 Gulu
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from PACHEDO in one-month time after the deadline.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.