2 Fraud and Misappropriation Officers
Jobs at:Umoja Microfinance
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
2 Fraud and Misappropriation Officers
Purpose of the position:
Identify, assess and monitor risk on an ongoing firm-wide and individual entity basis and support in the implementation of internal controls which are effective in design and operation.
• Undertake quality control reviews for the business units to ensure consistent implementation of policy and processes across all business units and identify any gaps, challenges and improvement measures.
• Provide consolidated reporting, inclusive of an overall risk profile, ensuring that major risks are identified and reported to the Management Committee on risk hotspots, measures and recommendations.
• Communicate board and regulatory responses or directives to business units.
• Monitor adherence to compliance, Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know your client (KYC) standards
• Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and risk and control self-assessments. These include snap checks and other management monitoring checks / toolkits.
• Manage the process of developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
• Implement and manage the risk and control assessment reporting process as well as manage and maintain management reports, follow up of issues identified for conclusive resolution
• Conduct compliance and risk assessment of key business areas as well as for new products / business changes to ensure risk and control adequacy, evaluation, process and adequate business risk profile.
• Undertake training to staff on inherent risks and controls in the processes within their control.
• Management Executive Committees reports evaluation and monitor against business strategy and regulatory requirements
• Identifying current and emerging risks
• Developing risk assessment and measurement systems
• Establishing policies, practices and other control mechanisms to manage risks
• Developing risk tolerance limits for Management and board approval
• Reporting results of risk monitoring to Management and the board.
• Oversight over the credit process including approval of credit facilities.
• Oversight on loan provisioning process and remedial management.
• Independent oversight over the Umoja’s Assets and Liabilities Committee with regard to risk management measures and policy decisions.
• Periodic review and update of the risk management policies and procedures.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration accounting option, CPA level 1 or any other relevant discipline. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial institution.
• Computer literate
• Writing and reporting skills
• Networking and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s)
• Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Computer literacy
• Perform other duties as required
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and to 80 % of the time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The position requires willingness to reside within the Program Area Attach a cover letter, copies of your academic documents and CV.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to Umoja Microfinance head office, Plot 11,Ben Okot, Bukoto not later than 31st August 2022. For more information, please contact our office on 0786-721793/0706542094.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.