2 Child Development Officers
Jobs at:Mukono Diocese
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mukono Diocese is looking for qualified committed bornagain persons with a living testimony to fill the posts mentioned above to work in one of the Diocesan Projects called Makindu CDC -UG0610 dealing with the Ministry of Children and youth, funded by Compassion International.
The Project is based at Makindu - Buikwe District.
The Project Director will report to Diocesan Secretary through the Project Overseer while the Child Development officers report to the Project Director.
At least a Bachelor's Degree in social work and social administration, Community Development, Youth and Children ministry, Social administration and any other related social science disciplines from a recognized University preferably Uganda Christian University, Makerere and Kyambogo with working experience of at least three years in a Donor funded community / children Development Projects. (Compassion projects Exclusive). Knowledge and skills in the child rights advocacy and basic computer literacy is an added advantage. (Languages Luganda and English preffebly).
Key notes and responsibilities:
• Work with the local Church and the CPC committee to initiate and co-ordinate the planning of specific project activities in liaison with the community structure.
• Assist the project team to update the data base for beneficiaries, Prepare periodic work plans, reports on project activities and ensure that project goals and objectives are achieved.
• Plan and organize capacity building / trainings to the caregivers about the child protection and see that all children in the community are protected against all kind of child abuse and harassments.
• Train Youth hands on skills in order to become Job creators other than Job seekers as a way of releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name.
• Train, monitor, report and follow up on activities for children and youth, caregivers or guardians and other project beneficiaries
• Assess children's growth physically, spiritually, emotionally and their performance about their education both in primary and pre-primary.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should physically deliver their application and academic credentials to the office of the Diocesan Secretary- Mukono Diocese and must at least possess a recommendation letter from the Bishop/ Archdeacon of his / her Diocese and, a recommendation letter from the police.
All applications should be addressed to the Diocesan secretary Mukono Diocese P. O. Box 39 Mukono, not later than 30th August 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.