2 Senior Technical Advisors Health System Strengthening – RMNCAH
Jobs at:AVSI Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
10 March 2021
Date Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Designation: Senior Technical Advisor Health System Strengthening – RMNCAH
Duty Station: Nebbi and Yumbe
Districts of work: Arua, Adjumani, Koboko, Maracha, Madi Okollo, Moyo, Nebbi, Obongi, Pakwach, Terego, Yumbe, Zombo, Lamwo and Kiryandongo
AVSI Foundation (AVSI) is an international NGO with headquarters in Italy, which has been active in Uganda since 1984. Its current activities are focused in the areas of education, health, livelihoods, protection, nutrition and refugee programs in Uganda.
The Senior Technical Advisor Health System Strengthening - RMNCAH provides technical and programmatic oversight under the supervision of the Programme Manager, and working closely with District Health Management Teams. He/she will be responsible for supporting the planning, implementation and monitoring of the project, to improve maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health outcomes through and integrated Health System Strengthening approach. .
Duties and responsibilities
At the district level:
• Support to build District Health Management Teams and Health sub district level capacity for evidence‐ based planning, budgeting, supervision and monitoring of priority interventions for children and women
• Support Integration of community ‐ based systems; coordination with other sectors (WASH, child protection, education etc.)
• Support coordination and conduct of the monthly DHT and quarterly DHMT meetings, and participate, contribute and follow materialization of action points to contribute to the results planned.
• Support the District Health Team in training and mentorship of health staff to provide integrated MNCH, HIV and Nutrition package linked to other programs and partner collaboration
• Support district Health Team to have the targeted HC IIIs, HC IVs (and selected HC IIs) equipped with essential medical equipment, commodities, and innovative technology (e.g. Mobi-stations, Solar Kits, and Modified Mama Kits) to provide essential and emergency MNCH services (i.e. MIC Package)
• Support District Health Team to improve management of RMNCH medicines at the district, HSD, and health facility levels, including timely requisition and delivery of supplies, and ensure that supplies are rationally used; and facilitate the introduction and use of Medicines Management Information Systems in all health facilities and support the use of data from the system to monitor drug utilisation, stock outs, and other challenges.
• Work with the program M&E officers and HMIS focal officers at district and Health sub district levels to support health facilities to compile, analyze and use HMIS/DHIS2 data for effective service delivery. Revive the use of monitoring charts to determine performance on key indicators including ANC indicators, health deliveries, and referrals of complicated deliveries, DPT3, measles, OPD attendance, and others.
• Support functionality of MPDSR committees at district and roll out of the MPDSR tracking tool at facility level to ensure timely notification, increase in perinatal reviews from xx to alteast 50% and tracking of recommendations
At the community level:
• Support Strengthening community ‐ based health systems, creating demand for and ensuring the provision of essential health, nutrition, HIV and WASH services of appropriate equality, building on integrated community case management
• Working to influence social norms or barriers that deny the rights of children and women to access care, and related behaviours
• Support advocate for improving the accountability of local health and community leaders for the key determinants of health and for health outcomes, and strengthening resilience and emergency response capacity
• In collaboration with the District mentors/DHTs, support the training, and mentoring of VHTs to deliver minimum comprehensive MNH package at village level
Basic Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) is a must, Master Degree in Public Health and or Medical Science (Epidemiology, Health Policy, Health Services management, etc) and demonstrated experience in supporting quality improvement efforts at district and facility level.
Years of experience:
• A minimum of 5 years of combined working experience for Master Degree including policy formulation, management of health services/health projects, and provision of technical assistance.
• Experience in implementing the science of quality improvement at district and facility levels.
• Experience in health development program implementation and experience working in a district setting
• Knowledge of and experience in Health System Strengthening (HSS) programme.
• Experience in working with government (especially with Ministry of Health), development agencies, and/or International NGOs in health is desirable.
Competencies and special skills requirement:
• Ability to analyses policy documents and make constructive policy suggestions;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team;
• Good writing and reporting skills;
• Good presentation and communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations, and to meet tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of the Government of Uganda Health Policy and UN/UNICEF systems
• Excellent command computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The AVSI Country Representative, AVSI Foundation, P.O. Box 6785, Kampala, Uganda and sent to email@example.com by 10th March 2021 indicating the e-mail subject as ‘Application for Senior Technical Advisor Health System Strengthening – RMNCAH’
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
AVSI Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and has a functional Child Protection Policy by which all AVSI staff and Associates must abide.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.