35 Community VMMC Theatre Assistants
Jobs at:Rakai Health Sciences Program
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rakai Health Sciences Program ( is a collaborative bio medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the district s of South central Uganda. .
• Assist surgeons/circumcisers when carrying out circumcision/surgical operations
• Provide nursing care to clients attending the VMMC clinic
• Client mobilization and provision of health education and timely management of adverse events
• Assess clinical patient problems and triage patients,
• Cleaning, disinfecting, and packing surgical instruments
• Sterilizing instruments and storing sterilized instruments properly
• Maintain infection control measures in operating room theatre
• Administer Tetanus toxoid vaccination to VMMC clients
• Provision of health education or post-operative care to clients
• Seeking informed consent from potential circumcision clients
• Ensure procedures are carried out safely in accordance with MOH policies and guidelines
• Handling and accounting for circumcision finances and logistics
• Ensuring security and proper utilization of logistics according to inventory lists
Job Skills: Not Specified
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma or Certificate in Nursing or equivalent from a recognized education institution.
• Minimum of 1-year work experience in a clinical setting
• Experience of working in a theatre setting is an added advantage
• Ability to effectively communicate with patients
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
• Knowledge of good nursing procedures and practices.
• Certificate in Male Circumcision skills training will be an added advantage
• Willingness to work extra hours
• Must be willing to work in rural settings
• Must be registered with the relevant Health professionals’ Council
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can present their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with contacts and emails of 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications /certificates addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com . Deadline for Submission: Close of business 5:00pm, Friday, 4th September 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.