35 Community VMMC Theatre Assistants
Jobs at:Rakai Health Sciences Program
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rakai Health Sciences Program ( is a collaborative bio medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the district s of South central Uganda. .
• Assist surgeons/circumcisers when carrying out circumcision/surgical operations
• Provide nursing care to clients attending the VMMC clinic
• Client mobilization and provision of health education and timely management of adverse events
• Assess clinical patient problems and triage patients,
• Cleaning, disinfecting, and packing surgical instruments
• Sterilizing instruments and storing sterilized instruments properly
• Maintain infection control measures in operating room theatre
• Administer Tetanus toxoid vaccination to VMMC clients
• Provision of health education or post-operative care to clients
• Seeking informed consent from potential circumcision clients
• Ensure procedures are carried out safely in accordance with MOH policies and guidelines
• Handling and accounting for circumcision finances and logistics
• Ensuring security and proper utilization of logistics according to inventory lists
Job Skills: Not Specified
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma or Certificate in Nursing or equivalent from a recognized education institution.
• Minimum of 1-year work experience in a clinical setting
• Experience of working in a theatre setting is an added advantage
• Ability to effectively communicate with patients
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
• Knowledge of good nursing procedures and practices.
• Certificate in Male Circumcision skills training will be an added advantage
• Willingness to work extra hours
• Must be willing to work in rural settings
• Must be registered with the relevant Health professionals’ Council
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can present their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with contacts and emails of 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications /certificates addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for Submission: Close of business 5:00pm, Friday, 4th September 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.