4 Senior OVC Officer
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Deadline of this Job:
23 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior OVC Officer (4 Positions)
The Senior OVC Officer will support the technical implementation of the USAID-OVCIR Activity multi-sectoral case management approach with local government across their regions of operation. This task is a pillar of USAID-OVCIR broader capacity development strategy and roll out of Uganda’s National Child Policy, which includes institutionalization of Uganda’s national case management system. The multi-sectoral case management approach is anchored within a clinic community referral system that operates across clinics, schools and communities. The Senior OVC Officer will closely coordinate with regional and district operational, technical (Social Protection) and M&E teams to ensure planning and delivery of coordinated TA to regional teams and local government teams on the multi-sectoral HIV and GBV sensitive case management approach across all districts and sub counties to adopt and utilize national case management SOPS, processes, and tools, and establish effective referral pathways across clinics, communities and schools. The Senior OVC Officer will build on and strengthen existing structures and established best practices to strengthen multisectoral case management approaches
• Review and implement strategies for identifying eligible and target beneficiaries for OVC services, monitor employment of the right OVC on the program in line with the objectives.
• Lead technical implementation of OVC case management activities in all supported districts with guidance from CM advisor.
• Coordinate and support targeted TA, coaching and mentoring support for cluster teams and local government staff to institutionalize multisectoral case management approach.
• Support cluster teams to establish strong clinic-community referral pathways.
• Support cluster teams to develop MOUs and establish strong clinic partnerships and case management processes for rapid identification, assessment and enrolment of CLHIV and other highly vulnerable OVC (sexual abuse survivors, adolescent teen mothers) onto the USAID OVCIR Activity for effective clinic-community referral pathways.
• Coordinate targeted TA, coaching and mentoring to cluster teams and LGs to strengthen PSWs and community structure skills in addressing socio economic, child protection and other structural barriers to viral load suppression for C/ALHIV.
• Ensure case conferencing takes place between health facility and social welfare staff to support index testing, retention of care, ART adherence and viral load suppression for USAID-OVCIR HEI and C/ALHIV.
• Coordinate targeted TA to support institutionalization of multi sectoral case management with LGs, including regular case conferencing at S/C level.
• Provide mentorship, supportive supervision and coaching to staff and local government staff in case management principles with guidance from the national technical team.
• Work closely with HES Advisor to ensure delivery of coordinated TA to improve implementation and uptake of ES packages/services.
• Work closely with Social Protection Advisor to ensure delivery of coordinated TA to improve implementation and uptake of SRH/GBV and HIV prevention and comprehensive services.
• Coordinate monthly and quarterly meetings with regional teams, local government and other key stakeholders using data to review progress, address bottlenecks and gaps across the case management cascade.
• Oversee achievement of OVC performance targets in line with technical standards, best practices in his cluster and donor guidelines.
• Produce periodic cluster performance reports as per the organizational, government and donor requirements.
• Must hold a bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field.
• Post-graduate diploma in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ recent experience in designing, implementing and managing USG-OVC programs.
• Familiar with OVC programming in Uganda.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3)
Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 25th
Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply for this position.
• IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
• Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with
• IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
• Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one
• PDF document
• Automatic email notification will be sent to you as reference for receipt of your application
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Candidates should attach a copy of their National Identity Card
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main
Campus; College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.