Jobs at:Marie Stopes
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2021
Date Posted: Friday, April 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to: Contact Centre Manager
Probationary Period: 3 Months
The SRH Counsellor’s main role is to ensure increased knowledge, and improved attitude and behaviour towards Sexual Reproductive Health services in Uganda. A key performance indicator will be the increased awareness and up-take of Misoclear, FP and SRH services. This person is expected to be able to provide quality counselling and MSU product information through the Hotline.
2 Positions – Arabic, Madi & Kakwa
1 Position – Lusoga, Lugwere, Lulamogi, Lunyole & Kupsabiny
1 Position – Runyankore, Rukiga, Rutooro & Runyoro
The SRH Counsellor is required to demonstrate MSU’s core values of:
1. Client Centred: dedicated to our clients and work tirelessly to deliver high quality, high impact services that meet clients’ individual requirements.
2. Courageous: Have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
3. Mission Driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice, not chance.
4. Accountable: Ownership of our actions and focus on results, ensuring long term sustainability and increasing the impact of the Partnership.
Marie Stopes Uganda is an NGO registered in Uganda. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world's poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE .
• Provide telephone counselling, information and referral to callers on a day to day basis clearly; documenting these calls in the contact centre data capture tool.
• Of the 800 inbound calls, 250 calls should be PAC related
• Of the 800 inbound calls, 450 inbound calls should end up in a referral for service uptake to any Mariestopes service delivery channel.
• Document and follow up incidences reported by clients through the Contact Centre
• Ensure that clients referred to centers are issued with E- coupons
• Follow up clients to ensure that E-coupons are utilized and closed
• Actively participate in weekly debriefs aimed at sharing information and constant reviews
• Participate in any relevant Contact Centre trainings and capacity building sessions aimed at improving counselling skills and personal development
• Document contact center success stories
• Activity participate in any activity or meeting aimed to market the Contact Centre as a signed to me by my Manager.
• Participate in any other duties assigned by the Contact Centre Manager.
Education & Experience
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Counselling, Psychology or Nursing.
• At least one year’s experience in providing counselling services in areas mentioned. Telephone counselling experience is an added advantage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Ability to handle sessions in Ateso, Kumam, Lugishu, Lusoga, Lugwere and other local languages.
• High level of verbal communication skills, documentation skills and problem solving skills.
• Other key skills include; - Internet and computer skills, active listening, social perceptiveness, critical thinking, complex problem solving, patience, oral expression and comprehension as well as speech recognition.
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSU is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Effective Communication
Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Working Efficiently
Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing Information
Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
• Focus on Learning
Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
Drive and determination to deliver results
Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Embracing Change
Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
• Team Player
Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.