5 Project officers
Jobs at:SOS Children’s Villages
Deadline of this Job:
07 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The project officer Ebola Response project will be responsible for the implementation of EVD Response project interventions and working closely with the Local government structures and community based organizations to improve and empower the families respond to Ebola pandemic and be self-reliance. The officers shall be responsible for the implementation of all the project activities ranging from training on EVD prevention, referral and linkages, support in the monitoring of the project beneficiaries and Build strategic linkages, collaborations and networks with partners at the sub county/district level
Key tasks & responsibilities:
• To support in planning and implementation of project activities
• Draw annual, monthly and quarterly plans for all activities to be conducted within the month
• Provide weekly plans and updates on the different activities carried within the week
• Support in Developing FDPs and conduct regular reviews
• Develop the capacity of families to improve on knowledge and the resilience in EVD response
• Continues assessment and monitoring of EVD situation and report as per the reporting standards and requirements
• Organize quarterly review meetings for partners and communities to reflect on progress on project activities and sustainability strategies as well as create spaces and opportunities for action-learning and debate
• Monitor and report on achievement of output and outcome indicators as planned
• To build the capacity of the caregivers in line of their development needs through IGA support, VSLA among others.
• To identify program participants needs and draw appropriate plan and budget to meet their needs to self-reliance
• Build the capacity of the caregivers in line of their development needs through IGA, VSLA (SPM and Financial literacy) support.
• To facilitate Reporting, Resource Management and Documentation
• Prepare and submit timely progress reports to Location team leaders and the National Emergency Response Program Coordinator on project interventions
• Document family and child success stories on programme interventions.
• Support community development structures to document programme activities.
• Keep, maintain and update the database and files of families on the programmes in a timely manner.
• Submit accountability/report for programme items distributed in the community to Finance and other relevant departments in a timely manner.
• Develop activity and budget tracking tool, and use on a monthly basis to track and report on activity
• Participate in concepts development for funding
Required qualifications, experience and competences:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social work and social Administration, clinical and community
• medicine, Development studies, Community psychology, Education, social sciences and or any other relevant field.
• Minimum of 4 years' experience in implementing community based projects in rural Uganda, most of which should have been as a direct field staff.
• Training and experience in implementing emergency Response interventions is an added advantage
• Knowledge in LRRD and practices is a key asset to the role
• Computer literate Writing and reporting skills
• Networking and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) Passion for children.
• Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and perform other duties as required
• Ability to ride a motor cycle and with a valid riding permit is a MUST
• Ability to speak the local language in the respective district is a MUST
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe, you are the right candidate, please send your electronic application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below to reach not later than Monday, 28th November 2022:
To The Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
All Applications must be sent electronically as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.